Case Study: 10-Unit Myrtle Beach STR Multifamily — 9% Cap, $92K/yr Modeled Cash Flow

Case Study: 10-Unit Myrtle Beach STR Multifamily — 9% Cap, $92K/yr Modeled Cash Flow

Brandon KunasekBusiness Member
Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2022 · 22 posts · 2 votes

I just finished a CCIM-style breakdown of a 10-unit multifamily near Myrtle Beach that recently traded. In short: $558k gross, ~9% cap, modeled cash-flow of ~$92k/yr with professional management (or ~$140k if self-managed), and conservative 5-yr after-tax proceeds of ~$1.4M.

I’m sharing the math, assumptions, depreciation treatment, and the risks/opportunities I saw (value-add ideas, occupancy sensitivity, and market comps). If you’re curious about the model/assumptions or want a copy of the spreadsheet for educational use, please send me a direct message and I’ll share a read-only version after a quick intro.

This is intended as a learning post for investors evaluating STR vs long-term multifamily economics. Happy to discuss numbers or answer questions here (keeping it high-level).

Disclaimer: All information given is meant to be educational. I am only
passing on historical information shared with me by owners, rental
companies, and various publications. I am not guaranteeing these
numbers, nor can I guarantee future rentals or appreciation. This
information is not intended to replace your own research, or to provide
legal, investment, or financial advice. Please consult an attorney for
legal advice.

Brandon Kunasek at Shorewise Wealth5119 Reviews
1Reply
43 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.