Subto to Lease Option - How I started the H2O "Helping Hawai'i's Ohana" Program

Subto to Lease Option - How I started the H2O "Helping Hawai'i's Ohana" Program

Honolulu, HI · Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Investment Info:

Townhouse fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $7,100
Cash invested: $32,000

This property was a VA Subto that I picked up for $7100 @ 2.875% interest, wrapped it into a lease option, cash flowing $2000 a month. By using these strategies, I was able to help working families across Hawai'i get into homeownership since 2018, which started as a project that became a movement, and now a program.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Seller was under and it was a VA Loan

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Realtors will call me if they can't list properties. I asked the seller how far is he in debt? (being active duty) just told him let me take over your monthly payments, I'll take care of all the bills pertaining to the house, I'll get you back on track with the bank, and help boost your credit..

How did you finance this deal?

Got me a Gator, paid her 25% ROI in 2 weeks

How did you add value to the deal?

Told seller i was going to pay it off under 10 years

What was the outcome?

Got the deal, now him and his wife are on my mountain west team

Lessons learned? Challenges?

N/A

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I just work with Gators and other PML's

0Reply
30 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.