Cost of removing a pool - Memphis

6 Replies

Hi,

I got a hot lead, seller is motivated and want to sell at a discount. The only issue is that the property has a pool and is in a rental neighborhood. The end buyer will be a buy and hold investor and will definitely want to remove the pool. Anyone know a contractor in Memphis that specialize in this? Anyone know what would be the estimated cost for this?

Thank you,

Haim

650-394-7357

In ground? Above ground? What type of construction?

Originally posted by @Haim Mamane Palman :

Hi,

I got a hot lead, seller is motivated and want to sell at a discount. The only issue is that the property has a pool and is in a rental neighborhood. The end buyer will be a buy and hold investor and will definitely want to remove the pool. Anyone know a contractor in Memphis that specialize in this? Anyone know what would be the estimated cost for this?

Thank you,

Haim

Hey Haim - 

Reach out to Mark at our offices and see if we have a crew who speicalizes in pool removal.  I am not sure if we do, but we remove pools often on properties.  We will estimate between 3k and 7k depending on the size and complexity of pool removal.  The difference really has to do with the eventual in-fill of that pool as well.

Chris

@Haim Mamane Palman  

It is generally bad idea to remove a pool! Here is what to do to instead to get rid of it: figure out the how many  q. yard of sand you need to fill the pool up, than, shop around to get get sand delivered close to the pool.  And have the trucks deliver the sand near but NOT TOO CLOSE, say at-least 15 feet a way from the pool. Than hire a group of guys to put the sand in to the pool. Plant flower grow grass etc...  This should cost you no more than $2000, Demoing a well built pool could cost you $4-6000. 

Also years down the road, when your investor might want to cash out, his buyer might wish they had a pool. If that is the case he could tell them " his secret" and they will be ecstatic, how ever if they hate pools than it is a non issue.   

Save your money AND save the environment (no need for machines to hammer the concrete for hours/days)

win win situation...... Good Luck! 

Fill it full of old tires. You can get paid like 5 bucks a piece to take them away. Then get some Ooompa Loompas to cover then with about a foot of dirt. By the time the tires start sprouting (And believe me they will in about 10 years) you'll be long gone.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. At the end of the day it will be the decision of the end buyer as this will be a wholesale deal. See a picture of the pool (attached). Sounds like 5k will be a safe number for removing the pool.

650-394-7357

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.