Ogden Utah Multi

4 Replies

I'm looking at multifamily properties in Ogden right now. My problem is that most of them are 100 years old and don't want to deal with an FHA.

I did find one property that would accept an FHA, it's only 60ish years old and it seems to be in good shape. It just barley meets the 1% rule and the cash flow per unit isn't wonderful.

I'd like to know from an experienced Ogden investor if this is a deal worth considering or if more multifamily properties like this come up frequently with better cash flows that I should wait and look for?

Thanks for your input!

Yes. and FHA seems to give me the best interest rate for the lowest down. I would definitely consider an alternative but this seems like my best option so I want to pursue it and see if I can find anything that would allow me to do it.

Hi patrick I am also in the Ogden Utah area and buying multi family properties I would like to hear a little more detail on the numbers of the properties your looking at and comparing them with mine to see if there in the same ball park thanks

@Patrick Ketchum

You may want to talk to banks and credit unions directly. I have clients that are getting great owner occupant (high LTV, no PMI) from places like Key Bank and Mountain America. They originate these in house, so a mortgage broker won't know them.

Simply going for the 1% rule in Ogden can be a dangerous strategy.  There are lots of run-down buildings in marginal neighborhoods that look great on paper, but can be nothing but headaches.

What areas are you looking at?  I would need more information on the deal you're looking at to have an opinion.  PM me if you like.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.