Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Votes |
Owner of Property in JAIL .... How to go about trying to Purchase

Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Posted Feb 28 2016, 09:58

Hi,

I'm not sure how to pursue and or find out the Original Owner's name on a Property I am interested in , that from what some of the neighbors have told me , has been vacant for going on nearly 6 years now.

I talked to one of the neighbors how lives next door to this property , and he told me that all he knows is the First name of the owner ( He , nor anyone in the Cove where this property is located ) knows the Owners last name

Well, the neighbor that lives next door, told me that the house has been vacant for almost 6 years , and that the person who lived there has been in Jail ever since.

I can not find the Property listed through the County Chancery Office , even when I type in the address

What are my best Options in trying to find the Full name of the person who Owns this property , and does it even matter , since this person is in Jail ? 

Since they are in Jail, who " Technically " know owns the property .... The City ?

This property is severely distressed and needs a Full Reno job ( we're talking $40,000 at least ).

The neighbor I talked to , said he and everyone else who lives in the cove would love to see it fixed up, as it makes the Cove/neighborhood look bad

My thinking is , if the City now has ( or has had for almost 6 years ) , and given that this property is in such rough shape ..... Why have they not torn it down ?

I would Love to find out who owns it and purchase it ( if the Price is right of course ) , I just don't know how to go about finding out / Contacting who I need to , to Try and Purchase it.

Thank you for any help and information on how to best go about finding out who Owns this property , and any other Properties that look Abandoned /Distressed .

I have considered Knocking on Neighborhood Doors and asking them in Person, as well as Putting a Letter in these same neighbors Mail Boxes to hopefully get their help in telling me the name(s) and Contact information ).  Good Idea(s) ?

Thanks again

Loading replies...