Redfin

5 Replies

How accurate would you say Redfin is for analyzing properties? To my knowledge it is supposed to be an accurate depiction of the MLS, but any opinions would be appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am not using Redfin to purchase a property, but to look at markets I'm not in yet.

I actually used Redfin to purchase my current home, however this was before their evaluation tool. I look at it often in my search for a new home, and find that I tend to agree with the eval almost 95% of the time. 

I feel that I know my town well, and know the comps in the area as I have been watching for the past 12 months. 

With anything, I find the more SOLD comps Redfin has to work with, the more accurate the tool is. You should be able to click on the estimate, and it will bring up the comps it used. 

I just saw my own house listed last week about $100,000 less than I understand my property to be worth. I have always watched the prices in my City and what they go for and compare with Zillow and Realtor, which I feel like those two have been useful to me. 

Originally posted by @Brendon Yim :

@Patrick O'Brien, Redfin is not a tool, and it is going to own real estate business including buying and selling. Their goal is kill all real estate agent business.

Welcome to biggerpockets. I hope you find some good information for your journey in Real Estate here. 

This thread is nearly 5 years old.... I respectfully disagree with you, and your assessment that redfin will 'kill real estate agent business.' 

Redfin has pros and cons, just like any business. At the end of the day, this is just another business model. Choose the one that is best for your needs. Good luck!