My first Wholesale deal! Payday!!

My first Wholesale deal! Payday!!

Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Hello everyone.

I wanted to be part of a success story and finally I can be!

I received my first check and I am very excited.

I have started marketing  in March. I got a ton of replies. But always something didn't work out. Always something that would prevent it from happening. So much has happened and I gave up several times.

Luckily when I give up, it takes just a few hours to realize that if I stop i will never really get a check. So I just sucked it up and picked up where I left off, but then, only harder, stronger, and more aggressive. 

But I tell you, it is NOT easy to keep chugging when nothing works out. It was really hard. And I am not just some kid off the street not knowing what "hard" is. I have fought like you wouldn't even begin to comprehend getting where I am now, and having accomplished the things I have. Living on a small little island in Curacao, coming to the USA, as an international student, finagling my way up the most desired organisations on this planet, in my field.. which is hard to do as an American, even harder as a foreigner.  But sticking to this Real Estate thing.. THAT was hard. Mostly because you do not have all the control. Money is limited. And there is a lot of competition.

Many say "keep at it and you will make it". hmmm.. it is more than keeping at it. It is hustle as if there was a crazed monkey after your butt!!

Then it was time for my second mailing campaign. Everyone told me that the more you mailed the better the response... however that as not the case with me. The more I mailed the more people called me and demanded I stop bothering them.

When I say "everything was against me", you have no idea how much I mean this. 

But I didn't give up. And now I am happy I didn't.

But I finally got one! We did it!! (I absolutely didn't do it alone)

This is by no means an incredible paycheck, but you know what? It doesn't matter!

It is just a number that tells me "I am doing something right".  This is really powerful.

Now I am rolling up my sleeves.. heck I am taking my shirt off, heck why stop there, I'll go naked if I have to! Deals.. watch out, I am coming for you! Be afraid! Be very afraid. There is a new monkey on the branch!

If you re a newbie and need help getting started, let me know. I have gone through hardships and disappointments to get here. I will definitely help.

Or you can read my blog as I tried to document every step I took to finally get one signed.

Good luck to you. And I hope you will be hearing more success stories from this monkey!

18Reply
249 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Kingsland, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
10y

Awesome info Jerryll, keep up the hard charging and continue to raise the bar each and every time.  Thank you for posting your results and having that no quit attitude, you are definitely an inspiration to myself and others. I'll be looking for my second property over here in San Diego, CA.  It will be a challenge, but I'm up for anything, and we have to remember that if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  And as always, no guts, no glory.

See this reply in the discussion

123 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Sun Valley, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Congrats Jerryl!...I just started and it's been three weeks and I sometimes think if this is the road for me.   This is like my 'sign' to not give up lol.  

    Jerry, I thought I was good in Skip tracking  when I get all this sites (with fees) for people's info and i realized the contact numbers were not updated at all. I tried it on my name and the number that was posted on the site was my number 9 years ago (I know coz that was when I left my ex husband lol)... Any advice for sites that have updated list?  Your help is very much appreciated... Omg, i want to know the feeling of getting THAT first check!

    Congrats again and I love your story helping other people and you practicing that diabolical laugh...love it!   I hope you create a robotic thingy that will stop  the bad guys hurting wildlife and marine life...and dogs of course   :(

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    Hey Sally. Well you really have to want it.  You need to grow really thick skin. And you have to be upfront and honest with your sellers. Hard part is also determining what is a good enough profit. Greed creeps in easily and you end up losing deals.

    I agree with you. You need a good list. I have hundreds of returned mailers and it is a LOT of work to trace them. So I gave up. But I definitely have to do it.

    I love that you like my humor. I won't harm animals with my super suit... but I will be evil!

  • Homeowner · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    this is so awesome. So inspiring.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    :) thank you very much. Hope this does inspire!

  • Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    As a newbie I'm highly motivated by your success, thanks for sharing your amazing story... Great job on not giving in to your fears (I'm suffering from this too, but I feel  encouraged to take my first step) and also persevering when faced with hard times. Connecticut is not an easy market but you made it through, that's inspires me so much as fellow CT wholesaler. Keep up the good work. God bless!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    hi hi,

    Everyone thinks that their market is not an easy one. and here is the way you should see it.

    I went to FIT for college. It was not easy. I was pushed by my drive and I made it. Had I gone to MIT, it would have been hard as well. Most likely harder. But I would have pushed myself harder to also make it. You just need to step up to that level. And as a newbie in anything, that pushing yourself harder comes automatically because you have not gotten used to it, as you are new.. you do not know better. (vs. had I transferred schools from MIT to FIT) That is how I see this and anything. Indeed it is difficult. Maybe more than other "easier" markets. 

    My "success" may have just been a fluke, beginners luck. But it doesn't matter. I got one. and I know now that whatever I am doing works. Even if it is luck, I can get lucky again. In the grand scope of the universe there is no such thing as luck, good luck, nor bad luck. As a scientist I can tell you this... It is all action and reaction.  Everything is. Existence is. You put something in, something comes  out... and for the other science freaks out there .. more accurately put.. you put something in, and something has to change. Cause and effect. Energy can not vanish, only transformed into other things. So, just by laws of physics alone the numbers do not lie. You change something (i.e. send out mailers) and depending on what you do and how you do it, something has to change (i.e. you get a call.. the change is.. you would not have gotten a call if you did nothing). Then the trick is, to work backwards. What do you need to do to get that desired change (i.e. phone call).  You hustle! You market, you drive for dollars, you make phone calls

    May be a really silly way to look at it  to most. But all I have ever known are laws of physics, equations, math and numbers. This is what works for me.  I am all about logic and numbers, facts. You just need to find what works for you. When it is a solid way, it will keep you on the path :D

  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 694 posts · 317 votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden. This is awesome. I love the thread, and love your story.  Who would have known that your first would have been such a success.  Meeting you that first time, was a "first" for both of us. I too, had never purchased from a WS deal and have struggled with determining repair cost, which has put me at some disadvantages over the past year.  You are an inspiration to listen to, and I applaud your "go get em" attitude. I hope to have the opportunity to purchasing from you sooner than later.  I am ready to make some moves, and I have several other investors I am looking for on some rehabs.  Please keep me in mind for Hartford, Tolland counties.

  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden I normally don't read or comment on these success stories because BP has so many that it's pretty awesome. I just stumbled to read your story, and wow! This is truly amazing, I alway's tell people YOU GOTTA WANNA, you my friend are the epitome of this! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rick Santasiere:

    @Jerryll Noorden. This is awesome. I love the thread, and love your story.  Who would have known that your first would have been such a success.  Meeting you that first time, was a "first" for both of us. I too, had never purchased from a WS deal and have struggled with determining repair cost, which has put me at some disadvantages over the past year.  You are an inspiration to listen to, and I applaud your "go get em" attitude. I hope to have the opportunity to purchasing from you sooner than later.  I am ready to make some moves, and I have several other investors I am looking for on some rehabs.  Please keep me in mind for Hartford, Tolland counties.

     You don't know this Rick. But you opened my eyes a lot that day. I was lucky with this deal as we both know I made a few mistakes. You came to the rescue and tried to get me that buyer. Shows your worth man. I definitely want to stay connected with you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Edgar U.:

    @Jerryll Noorden I normally don't read or comment on these success stories because BP has so many that it's pretty awesome. I just stumbled to read your story, and wow! This is truly amazing, I alway's tell people YOU GOTTA WANNA, you my friend are the epitome of this! 

     wow.. I have no idea how to respond to this one. Thank you!

    Seriously.. thank you!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Edgar U.:

    @Jerryll Noorden I normally don't read or comment on these success stories because BP has so many that it's pretty awesome. I just stumbled to read your story, and wow! This is truly amazing, I alway's tell people YOU GOTTA WANNA, you my friend are the epitome of this! 

     Yes.. you RRRRRRREALLY have to WANT it like nothing else!! That is absolutely right.

    I keep thinking about that dude brandon.. travelling the world and while he is shenaniganing in hawaii, scotland and wherever.. while getting aid... and I am trying to make these friggin robots obey me.. these stubborn  freaks...  I just tell my sell to hell with this. If he can do it  I sure as HELL can too!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Many congrats, Jerrylll! I knew you could and would do it way back in the beginning . Matter a fact, of it were possible, I would have put my money all on the Jerrylll horse. I just knew you were the real deal.

    Your great attitude, perseverance and willingness to ask questions and help others are all very commendable.  Thanks for being who you are and sharing your journey with us. Cheers to you!

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Congrats Jerryll Noorden! Wish you the best of luck on your next and many more deals in the future! Great inspiration!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:

    Many congrats, Jerrylll! I knew you could and would do it way back in the beginning . Matter a fact, of it were possible, I would have put my money all on the Jerrylll horse. I just knew you were the real deal.

    Your great attitude, perseverance and willingness to ask questions and help others are all very commendable.  Thanks for being who you are and sharing your journey with us. Cheers to you!

     THE Steve Vaughan.

    The way you always elaborately answered my questions and took time to explain in detail (and I know to you those were really obvious questions), I do believe you had faith in me. Thank you Steve. You help a lot .. obviously.

    "the Jerryll Horse"... man.. you are the first I come across with a sense of humor here. Sheesh. I thought I was the only one!

    Thank you very much my friend!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Pablo Pinasco:

    Congrats Jerryll Noorden! Wish you the best of luck on your next and many more deals in the future! Great inspiration!

     Thank you. I have to fly to Curacao for 10 days, and I am so pumped up doing this I dread leaving now...

    But hell... Gotta see mama and papa. Have not seen them in a long while...

    But I am trying to get this doozie of a contract signed before I leave... that would be really a nice thing to happen before I see my family again.

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Congrats!!! Grea to hear how you kept fighting against the odds! Like many others have said..wash, rinse, repeat! 

  • Investor · New Haven, CT · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Awesome job man! From another CT newbie investor your post was very motivating. It actually just gave me the second wind I needed to work just a little bit harder today. Thank you, congrats and good luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Justin Kroepfl:

    Congrats!!! Grea to hear how you kept fighting against the odds! Like many others have said..wash, rinse, repeat! 

     :) Someone should explain that to me "wash, rinse, and repeat".

    Thank you :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @James Nazario:

    Awesome job man! From another CT newbie investor your post was very motivating. It actually just gave me the second wind I needed to work just a little bit harder today. Thank you, congrats and good luck!

     Who Hoo Competition. :P

    Absolutely. Thank you very much. If you need help just let me know.  Disclaimer.. I am very much still a newbie, but you are never too green to help!

  • Contractor · Jaffrey, NH · Member since 2016 · 102 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Nice Job Jerryll!  Keep up the sweat equity and the sky's the limit of course.  It was fun to hear your enthusiasm and see all the support behind it.  Now to add another blog to my reading list. And oh yeah did I mention the need to learn to speed read with all this great content ;)

    Blessings,

    Chris

  • Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Congrats man!!

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Kudos on the deal. You're definitely an inspiration to me. It's good to see that hard work and dedication can pay off. And Jerryll Nootden's advice seems great. I'm going to put the same into practice. 

    Wes

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chris Luksha:

    Nice Job Jerryll!  Keep up the sweat equity and the sky's the limit of course.  It was fun to hear your enthusiasm and see all the support behind it.  Now to add another blog to my reading list. And oh yeah did I mention the need to learn to speed read with all this great content ;)

    Blessings,

    Chris

     Hey Chris. Thank you. It really was about time.  Glad it worked out. Now I need to prove myself it was not just luck. I hope the next one works out as well. Thank you for the support and helping me celebrate my first win!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Ford:

    Congrats man!!

     Molto Grazie bello!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Wesley Wiliams:

    Kudos on the deal. You're definitely an inspiration to me. It's good to see that hard work and dedication can pay off. And Jerryll Nootden's advice seems great. I'm going to put the same into practice. 

    Wes

     Wes,  glad it could serve as some inspiration. Heck knows I needed a lot of it when I was deep into the misery of it all.

    Thank you for the confidence in my advise. I really do think it is good advice. We shall see!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.