• Investor
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Is the market crash imminent

Jeffery Waicak
  • Investor
  • Massillon, OH
Posted Sep 25 2016, 16:06

I see a lot of talk about  the new crash coming.  I'm just  curious as to what this is based on.  I got in this game in I think 2000. Back then, you could take the check ed Mcman sent for$ 6,000,000  to a lender,  have no job and a 500 credit score  and get about a million,  albeit,  at 10%.   I should not have been loaned money, but I was.  The other problem was, any decent renter could,  and would qualify for their own  mortgage. So the rent pool was mostly  terrible. 

So today,  from what I can see,  in my market,  prices are around where they were in  2007-8, I really don't  think they are as high as they  were. I looked up  the inflation rate,  it said that there was about  10% total inflation over that same time frame.   But, it looked like interest was more than  double what it is now. 

As far as I know,  most retail buyers buy based more on terms, money down,  payment per month,  than the price.  

So as an example,  back in 2006, I may buy  a home for $100,000 with 0 down, and a $900 monthly  payment.  Now the same home would be $100,000. With 3,500 down and $700 a month. The difference being now  I need to  prove i can actually pay for the house.

So based on this, the market  is still down from the  crash,  based on payments.  But my Wendy's jr bacon cheeseburger is up to $1.89, from $.99.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm trying to understand. Why will there be a crash in the near future?

Loading replies...