Short Sale Deal Analysis?

1 Reply

Hello - I had a post similar to this before, just looking to keep experimenting and learning how to correctly analyze properties I may be interested in.  Is there a way to attach documents to a post?

I found a property in my searching that is a short sale and looks like it would be a great deal.  Can anyone help take a look at my numbers and tell me if anything looks out of line?  The property is located here:http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/578-580-E-New-York-St_Aurora_IL_60505_M87021-59623

Again, im interested to see how accurate my numbers look (ie taxes/closing costs/cap ex/rent/ect.).?  I'm starting to get the hang of the spreadsheet and where to look in my search for justification of numbers.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I didn't look at all the figures - but it does look like you're getting the hang of analyzing a property to death. The three outcomes I look at first are: Cost; ARV; and ROI.

Number one rule for me: I want to see MY Cost to be no more than 70% of ARV. (ie: fail).

Everything else can be a moving target, contingent also on OTHER factors than just statistics.

eg. It's a duplex - with just ONE driveway - shows cars being parked, blocking that driveway?

Again: fail. Get what I mean? Thanks for sharing. Keep up your good research. All the best...

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here