Am I missing anything in this duplex analysis?

6 Replies

Hi everyone,

I recently came across this property and ran the numbers on it. The CoC return and monthly cashflow exceed my criteria so it seems like this really could be a great deal. Both units have separate utilities and tenants pay their own electric & gas utilities. I ran the numbers conservatively as you'll see. Am I missing anything? I haven't been able to walk through the property so it's possible it may need significant repairs... Assuming it doesn't though, would you go for this deal?

Property Taxes? I would likely go a little more on capex also. Either way, if those are true rents it will still cash flow nicely.

@Dan Turkel

Based on the numbers it looks good. I guess your deal breaker based on this analysis would be the condition of the property. All the best to you...

Jorge

Originally posted by @Joe Ferguson :

Property Taxes? I would likely go a little more on capex also. Either way, if those are true rents it will still cash flow nicely.

Wow, I feel dumb. I have no idea how I skipped the property taxes. This very significant expense completely changes the deal. Good eye!

Check it out

@Jorge Ruiz

Thanks Jorge... turns out I forgot to include taxes >.< definitely changes the deal by quite a bit!

@Dan Turkel Looks like a good deal even when property taxes are added in...if you can net around $200/door then definitely a good deal and it hits the 1% rule.

If this requires minor rehab then it is worth pursuing but there will be other factors such as current tenants (or maybe it's vacant) and attaining your projected rents.

@Dan Turkel That's what we are here for! It has to still cash flow 200 per door. Looks pretty good to me as long as there are no big surprises. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.