[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal - 1st Time to Calc

3 Replies

Hello Friends,

This is my first Calc of a potential Rental.  Please review the numbers and let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Chris

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Updated about 3 years ago

Thank you all for reviewing my first attempt at an analysis. I appreciate your input and I will adjust and pursue another one. Thank you again. :)

Chris,

Unless you feel sure this area is going to appreciate more than normal, I"d stay away from this one.  Cash flow is pretty tight with some pretty optimistic vacancy and repair estimates.  

You'll be able to find better ones.

Good Luck!

Chris

Originally posted by @Chris Sellers :

Chris,

Unless you feel sure this area is going to appreciate more than normal, I"d stay away from this one.  Cash flow is pretty tight with some pretty optimistic vacancy and repair estimates.  

You'll be able to find better ones.

Good Luck!

Chris

Haha. I am looking to get min $100 per unit for my first deal, Chris. IS this not a good threshold? Looks like he is right there, with increasing the repairs/vacancy. I'm actually looking for a fourplex within an hour of Charlotte and again that's my understanding of an acceptable cashflow according to what I have been reading.

Howdy @Christopher Allen

I agree with Chris Sellers.  You are being a little too optimistic with your Cash Flow analysis.  Unless you have the actual financial data to back your analysis you would be better served staying conservative using something closer to the 50% rule for expenses.

It could be a possible deal if you could have a lower Purchase price and/or room to raise rents.