Chris A.
  • Bloomington, IL
Votes |
[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal

Chris A.
  • Bloomington, IL
Posted Jun 1 2018, 22:24

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Hi everyone!   I'm new to wholesaling.  I have what is potentially my first wholesale deal, well partnered with someone else, and was hoping somebody could give me their opinion.  Btw, I have 10 days including today to find a buyer.  First, a little background.  I took a class, and one of the people in my class who had been doing wholesaling for a while and who lives in another part of my state contacted me to say that he had partnered with a lady on a potential deal who lives a couple towns over from me who had gotten a property under contract with a seller.  However, she did not have a cash buyer's list.  So, she contacted him based upon one of his "we buy houses" signs that she had seen.  He then contacted me because I have a list of cash buyers for the lady's area.  She said she would split 50% of her profit with him if he found a buyer who purchased the property.  He, in turn, said he will split 50% of his profit with me if I find a buyer who purchases the property.  He said his profit will be 5k.  He sent me the contract she signed to partner with with him, as well as a contract for me to sign (which I haven't done yet) to partner with and split 50% with him on this deal.  He said, however, he doesn't have the original contract between her and the seller.  Is that a red flag, or does that not matter?  He told me in a text that she has the property under contract for 70k, and the homeowner's asking price is 75k, and that the plan is to find a cash buyer for 97k.  With those numbers being the way they are is that enough information for me to verify his profit is really only 5k so that I can be sure that I'm getting 50% of the real amount?  What if he is making more, but only telling me that he is making 5k?  How can I be sure?     

Loading replies...