FHA loan with existing Conventional

3 Replies

Hi all, I have a question to bounce off the community. Does anybody have experience getting an FHA loan for 2nd property while having conventional loan in place on 1st property? I would like to rent out my SFH that is conventional while obtaining a multi-plex (up to 4 units) with FHA financing. I have no FHA loan in place on any property.

@spencer Davis Yes this is possible. I bought 2nd property with FHA while having a conventional loan on 1st property. I was able to qualify for both loans at same time so was not a problem.

Originally posted by @Blair F. :

@spencer Davis Yes this is possible. I bought 2nd property with FHA while having a conventional loan on 1st property. I was able to qualify for both loans at same time so was not a problem.

Hi Blair, was your first property a multi family and then you bought another multi family? Was you first property a conventional loan as a primary residence? 

Originally posted by @Spencer Davis :
Hi all, I have a question to bounce off the community. Does anybody have experience getting an FHA loan for 2nd property while having conventional loan in place on 1st property? I would like to rent out my SFH that is conventional while obtaining a multi-plex (up to 4 units) with FHA financing. I have no FHA loan in place on any property.

Hi Spencer, were you able to get a loan?