• Real Estate Investor
  • Ardmore, OK
Votes |
What not to say? ad analysis

Joshua McGowan
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Ardmore, OK
Posted Apr 13 2012, 08:13

I have been experimenting with the wording of ads in the promotion of a few properties in Mexico.
Since there is a great debate among buyers as to the security of purchasing real estate in Mexico, especially in my offered region, I want to produce an ad copy that assures the buyer that I realize the risk involved and am not trying to sugar coat any perceived problems that accompany Mexican Real Estate Transactions, my offer specifically.
However I would also like to convey the value of the offering I am promoting.
My question would be how to strike a proper balance between caution and enthusiasm and if I am on the right track.
After all most of the buyers that I obtain will become my neighbors.

I have had the most responses using the following format... PLEASE HOLD NOTHING BACK WHEN ANALYZING THIS AD:

!------ begin ad title------!
______ Acres near "landmark or attraction" - Mayan Riviera
!------ end ad title ------!
!------ begin ad body content ------!
OWN PARADISE FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!

I know how every deal you read is the ONE! But really, where else in the world does population growth exceed 10% yearly with such consistency. Take for instance Playa Del Carmen, which went from less than 10,000 people, 2 paved roads and a ferry to Cozumel in 1994 to more than 205,000 residents today plus seasonal visitors. Or cancun which has expanded 5 times in the last 35 years. Tulum plans to have a population of 400,000 residents by 2025 and 65,000 homes.
I wrote an opportunity analysis last year, you can find it at the bottom of the listing.

Don't worry, we'll be there all the way until titles become available. We have owned property in Tulum since 1999.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF OFFERING
Asset_id:_________
____ PARCELS; LOT NUMBERS BEING; 1042, 1043, 1069, 1070, ___________, COMBINED SURFACE AREA BEING; 80,000 SQUARE METERS; LEGALLY SITUATED WITHIN THE INCORPORATED AGRICULTURAL TOWNSHIP (EJIDO) OF JOSE MARIA PINO SUAREZ, COUNTY OF TULUM, PREVIOUSLY SOLIDARIDAD, STATE OF QUINTANA ROO, COUNTRY OF MEXICO.

1. The asking price for the offered property is $____________. This works out to roughly $_____________ USD per square meter.

2. Additional External Fees Apply as would in any other offer. Such fees are out of our control and do not relate to our offering specifically.

I took a couple of friends up in a cessna 182 last year to see the whole strip from Playa to Tulum, when we got back there was an eerie silence as I we were driving to a restaurant for lunch, later at the restaurant, I asked them what was wrong. They replied that they were still trying to figure out how many billions of dollars of investments dotted that 35 mile run of jungle.

If you are looking to stretch the value of this offering and don't mind a partnership; I have a very simple concept in which prospective partners can pool resources, economically improve the land with planning, professional marketing material and rudimentary infrastructure. Then when the market is white-hot, sell the subdivided lots to the general public at 75% of the then market price.

!------end ad body content ------!