• dade city, fl
Votes |
Sanity Check my analysis?

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • dade city, fl
Posted Jan 30 2020, 18:23

Hi Everyone, 

I am looking at doing my second buy and was hoping I could get someone to check me out. I am at the stage where I need to figure out how much to offer. My first was a house hack so there was little to no risk to me. This is the first time I need to rely on analysis..

There are two duplexes right next to each other, listed at $159k+$165k=$325,000

Current rents are: 3 doors @ $800 and one door at $900 for a total of $3,300 total gross rent. (Passes the 1% rule.. but nowhere near the 2% rule...)

Taxes: just under $1700 for both of these respectively, which I work out to be $283 a month.

Insurance: I got a quote @ $1,303 which works out to be $217.

With Vacancy & Repairs @ 10%, I am looking at $330 and with Cap Ex @ 5%, I am looking at $165.

All added up, my net (before paying for my mortgage) is $3,300-($283+$217+$330+$330+$165)=$1,974. If I can get them @ 300k with 5% interest and 20% down, I should be netting $686 with a mortgage at $1,288.

Does this look worth doing?

I am feeling like a damn robot with the cap ex, repairs, and vacancy. How do I know how to move these numbers around? Can I go softer on these numbers since I am getting 4 doors out of the deal because I am pooling my risk? I honestly have no idea how to intelligently work these. Is it really nothing more than plugging the numbers into the spreadsheet? I suppose I could find out how much estimated life is in the roof and AC and really nail down my cap ex projection, but other than that, not really sure here...

Loading replies...