• Real Estate Agent
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
Purchasing my first duplex

Hayden Prather
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lincoln, NE
Posted Feb 13 2020, 13:51

So I've been working very hard the last 4 years to flip my money, last year I got my real estate license. I sold two properties and now I'm about to house hack and purchase my first duplex putting the 3.5%. I'm going to buy for 156k and they'll throw a grand for closing cost for us. One level is a two unit and the other is a three unit and they both steadily rent out for $850 each bringing $1700 a month. My PITI is going to be $1000 a month, this property has been fairly remodeled the last 4 years new water heater, updated plumbing/ electrical new flooring throughout and recently painted and a little yard work done. Me and my girlfriend plan to move in one side, we're basically living for free and get to save $1000 a month which is what we are use to paying for rent. I feel good about this as my first investment to get my feet wet and am excited that we'll be able to save $12,000 after 1 year living in it. Then we'll move out and either flip or get a house we can fix and live in for a year or two. From the experienced people out there, do you think this is a great start for us?

Loading replies...