$47,158 profit on 1102 E Terrell Ave, Fort Worth, TX

$47,158 profit on 1102 E Terrell Ave, Fort Worth, TX

Investor · Member since 2019 · 53 posts · 7 votes

I have been researching properties for potential fix and flips and I came across this property...and I wanted to get some thoughts.

This property is distressed and the price is listed at $55,000 for 3 beds and 2 baths and 1,746 sq ft ($32/sq ft). This property is only a few doors down, and is selling for $158,457, has 3 beds and 2 baths, and 1,724 sq ft ($91.91/sq ft).

If the property was rehabbed and the price per square foot was the same as the reference house, it would be worth $160,479 (1,724 * $91.91).

If it cost $30,000 to fix the house, that would put the all-in cost at $85,000, and if the 70% rule is applied, then the max list price is $112,335.3 ($160,479 * .70)... which is higher than the all-in cost.

Factoring in all other expenses like taxes, loan interest, fees, etc...the final cost would be roughly $113,321.

So, in the end, sells for roughly $160,479, money in was $113,321, which is about $47,158 profit/41.6% return.

Does this make sense? Are the rehab estimates in the ballpark?  Are any of the calculations off? Other thoughts?

If you would like to connect and talk more about this, feel free to shoot me a message and a connection request.

0Reply
35 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Huge disclaimer: I've never rehabbed a house before, but I'm interested in your post

    How did you come to that $30,000 estimate in rehab costs? I believe that roof replacement can cost close to $10k if your not doing it yourself and AC replacement will cost similar. There's probably a lot more work that needs to be done plus the listing says it used to be a duplex, which means at the bare minimum 2x the amount of work needed for the kitchen.

    I'm curious to hear what others have to say. Good luck!


  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Collin Emerson Miller I am looking at the pics on listing. $30k is way too low of a budget for rehab. You really need to have local honest contractor and agent. 

    McCaw Property Management4.4902 Reviews
  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 53 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Kyle Mccaw Got it, thank you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.