• Rental Property Investor
  • Gatlinburg
Votes |
RV Park Start Up Financing

John Carbone
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gatlinburg
Posted Sep 17 2021, 13:26

I was able to secure a piece of property in a desirable area from someone I know that is approved and zoned for an RV park. My initial plan is to immediately clear the land and create RV spots to rent out. Septic permit is pending, but county official believes 10-20 spots could be had. The spots alone are going for $30-$40 a night in nearby RV parks and everything is at capacity. I would like to purchase Park Model RV's and rent these out via AIRBNB with estimates being $100-$150 a night with 80% occupancy. I have an 800 credit score with low DTI ratios and 200k in W-2 income. What are my options for starting this up and obtaining financing? I could comfortably set up 3 park models with my own money and having it ready. The long long term is to eventually fill these all out with Park Model RV's when revenue starts to come in. If I am unable to secure financing I will probably still clear the land and live in a park model for the time being until I can eventually raise more capital. Can I get an SBA 7A loan for this as a startup?

Loading replies...