Property Mgt Software?

25 Replies

I have 8 rental homes and am currently using Cozy.com.  If you have a recommendation on a software program, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Linda Moen, Boise Id

Hi Linda, I'm new to BP. I have been testing out Tenantcloud for the past few weeks for my properties in Boise. It seems to work OK but have not actually taken payments yet. 

Isn't Cozy becoming apartments.com? From what I read it sounds like they will continue to offer similar services as before under the new name. I was even looking into apartments.com but decided not to go with them. 

Right now my plan is to use TC for rent collection, applications, tenant screening, lease signing, work orders, and contact management. It seems capable of doing all that, but again have not invited my tenants yet. One flaw I've noticed is the way it handles calendar events. For some reason, regularly scheduled property maintenance will not show up on the TC calendar, only custom set reminders will. If anyone else has tips on using TC or any other software I'm eager to hear them. Thanks!

Hey all! I have used Cozy for the past several years, love the software and it's great for smaller portfolios. I doubled my portfolio in 2020 and have switched to Buildium, not free but has many great features - highly recommend! 

@Linda L. We are in the same boat as I have 9 doors and looking for a change. I have been with Cozy for 2 years. I think I am going to TurboTenant. What I like about them is: Free. The landlord can require proof of insurance. I like how they syndicate to so many other sites. I also like their application - more detailed than others. I also like the way it tracks leads.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Jay Ingersoll  for your input.  I am growing my portfolio to more than a dozen properties, and I am just starting to contemplate this online ppty mgmt platforms.  Since I want one to be able to stay on it and build up, I wonder if with Zillow or TurboTenant is enough or should I move to another one.  Do you know if TurboTenant has messaging capabilities (to use it as a communication platform with Tenants)?  Thx

Thanks @Jay Ingersoll  for your input.  I am growing my portfolio to more than a dozen properties, and I am just starting to contemplate this online ppty mgmt platforms.  Since I want one to be able to stay on it and build up, I wonder if with Zillow or TurboTenant is enough or should I move to another one.  Do you know if TurboTenant has messaging capabilities (to use it as a communication platform with Tenants)?  Thx