• Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Airbnb Blocking Owners That Recently Evicted Tenants

Edit B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Jun 16 2021, 10:30

Apparently its made news headlines today that Aibnb is blocking landlords from activating listings that are on locations that have evicted tenants due to non payment during COVID. This is a PR move to gain users by throwing owners/landlords under the bus as they usually do. 

The CDC guideline was indefinite and if people were able to evict due to non payment it could have been that they themselves were not covered by mortgages that were Fannie Mae backed which offered the so called protection of forbearance. These people were running into the ground and indefinitely with non paying tenants who could have easily conned the system as proof of hardship was not even required. So under whose authority was it that this the burden should be placed on landlords indefinitely? Was there any federal legislation passed?  If a landlord was able to evict it could have meant that they were able to do so in jurisdictions that did no follow the CDC guide. I wont get started on the CDC guide, but ill mention that there were several federal judges that ruled against its peculiar use of power at this time and that it did not have the authority

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Airbnb is not a landlord friendly App by far. You are the one risking your home and have hundreds of thousands of dollars are on the line, where as the guest simply is risking nothing by being there. I'd highly encourage everyone that uses or is considering using Airbnb do their research. My experience with them was spotty turned into terrible. If you have an incident at your property with a guest there is a very high chance you will be dealing with it on your own or little help from Airbnb. The case workers that are employed by them are often very low training, under paid and often immature, uneducated on local laws(often reside in India). 

Loading replies...