How many applicants is too many?

42 Replies

Hey Christian, 60 applicants in less than a week is a lot. My first thought is that your rent is indeed too low. How does your rent amount compare to the rent amount of similar units in your market?

@Rachel Underwood I had an issue finding comps because everything nearby was apartments, the house is in a nice little pocket of R1 homes. it was really hard to get comps. I have signed a lease already, but at least i know now that i can increase when the lease i over right? 

Originally posted by @Christian Orozco :

@Rachel Underwood I had an issue finding comps because everything nearby was apartments, the house is in a nice little pocket of R1 homes. it was really hard to get comps. I have signed a lease already, but at least i know now that i can increase when the lease i over right? 

At the government approved rate if you don't stay exempted from rent control. Just make sure you are familiar and don't llc yourself into a corner.

Originally posted by @Christian Orozco :

@Todd Rasmussen in Gardena, CA. And its in Gardena city

Your los angeles location tag had me worried for you. Haven't heard of them doing it yet, but you might want to check the city website to be sure.

@Christian Orozco

As long as your property is within the City of Gardena jurisdiction then there is no rent control.   

For the most part the City limits are Crenshaw on the west side, El Segundo on the north side, Vermont on the east side and 182nd street on the south side. 

If your property is outside of those streets then you are not within the city limits and most likely LA City or LA County.

Good luck!