• Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
REVERSE LOOKUP ON A PROPERTY OWNED IN AN LLC

Freedom Jonson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Dec 13 2016, 12:57

Hey guys!

So im looking at a property now i would like to speak with the owner on or find a number too and the house in owned in a LLC name.....I

f i am trying to contact him/her and the mail address is to a po box, what should i do? Is there an inexpensive way to do a reverse lookup or any better advice you would suggest?

Thanks in advance

User Stats

Votes
Eric F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Dec 15 2016, 06:54

I don't know about Texas but in North Carolina about 75% of the time you can find the LLC's owner name and home address by doing the following:

1. Go to your secretary of state website (state not national)
  2. Look up the corporation name
  3. At least 75% of the time the LLC owner will register with themselves as the registered agent and their home address as the mailing address.

If this doesn't work you're probably looking at more trouble than it is worth. Just mail the PO Box at that point.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 26 2024, 11:09

What if the its not under an LLC? What if its a trust or its a single LLC for that individual property and the name and phone number that shows up is of the registering agent? Is there a way to bypass that? I'm late to the party but just curious if you guys have overcome this.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Freedom Jonson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 14 2024, 07:40
Quote from @Hector Escobar:

What if the its not under an LLC? What if its a trust or its a single LLC for that individual property and the name and phone number that shows up is of the registering agent? Is there a way to bypass that? I'm late to the party but just curious if you guys have overcome this.

here what i use now that question was 7 years ago when i didnt know anything go to https://opencorporates.com/

User Stats

Votes
Freedom Jonson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 14 2024, 07:40
Quote from @Eric F.:

I don't know about Texas but in North Carolina about 75% of the time you can find the LLC's owner name and home address by doing the following:

1. Go to your secretary of state website (state not national)
  2. Look up the corporation name
  3. At least 75% of the time the LLC owner will register with themselves as the registered agent and their home address as the mailing address.

If this doesn't work you're probably looking at more trouble than it is worth. Just mail the PO Box at that point.

here what i use now that question was 7 years ago when i didnt know anything go to https://opencorporates.com/