Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Scott W. Cook
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
How much should you invest to get investors?

Scott W. Cook
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted Aug 30 2019, 12:45

Hello investors,

Having worked with several syndicators, I've seen quite a bit of work being done to create a list of potential financial backers. I've seen this done for apartment investors as well as flippers, wholesalers and even single family home buyers.

For example, I've helped Adams investor Group raise capital in the eight figures over the past few years to acquire several awesome deals in the Atlanta area. I've worked with another investor based in South Florida to do the same as well as a major flipper located in Baltimore, just to name a few.

so what do they all have in common? What powerful secret do they all use to get so many cash investors? Well my writing skills of course! :) Beyond that, though, they're willing to do some heavy lifting in order to make this happen.

The one common denominator that I've seen in working with these folks is that they're willing to invest some of their money and time into sharing a great deal of their hard earned knowledge. They're willing to give first before receiving - they've done this in a variety of ways, from writing a series of email messages to full length books to short but power-packed whitepapers on their subjects. I've collaborated on all of these, including 3 courses on flipping and wholesaling!

And I can tell you that these materials are the real deal. They're very in depth and accurate and you could even argue that they give away our secrets, right? yet there are two types of investors in this world:

Those who want to be the boots on the ground and find, assemble and manage deals...

...and those who want to let these folks use their money to do the hard work for them.

Nothing wrong with either point of view, for sure. Anybody who's ever used OPM will certainly appreciate the second variety of investor, or limited partner. yet as with everything in life, there is a cost. You want a big fish, then you have to use big bait as they say.

Thus, some of the most successful syndicators are also those who know and utilize the marketing secret of giving first and then getting. or the law of atraction... the law of reciprocity... even Pereto's 80/20 rule.

It may seem wierd at first to give away your knowledge and even invest in a professional to help create that lead generating piece, yet I can point you to quite a few fellow members on this site who would agree that this investment in time, money and of self has created massive returns and continues to do so.

So what are your thoughts and experiences? Have you had success by investing in shared information? Have you considered it but haven't done so yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Loading replies...