Recent Experience with Nomad Lease

Recent Experience with Nomad Lease

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Does anyone have recent experience using Nomad lease for property management? The post I found was a few years old. The property damage protection is appealing and the 4% monthly isn’t bad. Im curious if they are decent on other aspects.

0Reply
732 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 2 votes
2y

I have had a highly disappointing experience with Nomad Lease in leasing my condo. Despite their promises, the service has been fraught with delays and inefficiencies. It took them a staggering five days to list my condo on Zillow and other major websites—a task that took me only five minutes when I attempted it myself. Even worse, they still haven't syndicated the listing on crucial platforms like realtor.com and Redfin.The process for reviewing applications is painfully slow. I am unable to see the applications that have been submitted, as Nomad Lease takes an excessive amount of time to process and review them. This delay is costing me money every day as my property remains vacant.Additionally, their application process is extremely tedious and discouraging for prospective tenants. They require unnecessary details, such as pictures and details of the applicants' vehicles, which push potential tenants away.Adding to the frustration, their onboarding team has been incredibly rude and unhelpful. They have repeatedly blamed me for signing up with them, stating that it was at my own risk. This lack of accountability and poor customer service has been unacceptable.Overall, I regret choosing Nomad Lease and would caution others against using their services. Their false promises, inefficient processes, and overly complicated application requirements have been a costly mistake.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Hi 
    Did you end up signing up with them ? How was your experience ? Can you send me a referral link if you are their client.

  • Attorney · Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Same here. I'm looking for more info. There is a recent post from this year that doesn't say good things about them, as far as the organization of the company goes.

  • Attorney · Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Pranay Dua:

    Hi 
    Did you end up signing up with them ? How was your experience ? Can you send me a referral link if you are their client.


     did you sign up with them? Look into Ownerrez too. 

  • Attorney · Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I found this :

    Nomad Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of nomadlease.com (trustpilot.com)

    Go to the lowest rates and read the comments. These comments seem legit. The ones showing 5 stars all look and sound the same, I'm sure they were paid for that. 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    I have had a highly disappointing experience with Nomad Lease in leasing my condo. Despite their promises, the service has been fraught with delays and inefficiencies. It took them a staggering five days to list my condo on Zillow and other major websites—a task that took me only five minutes when I attempted it myself. Even worse, they still haven't syndicated the listing on crucial platforms like realtor.com and Redfin.The process for reviewing applications is painfully slow. I am unable to see the applications that have been submitted, as Nomad Lease takes an excessive amount of time to process and review them. This delay is costing me money every day as my property remains vacant.Additionally, their application process is extremely tedious and discouraging for prospective tenants. They require unnecessary details, such as pictures and details of the applicants' vehicles, which push potential tenants away.Adding to the frustration, their onboarding team has been incredibly rude and unhelpful. They have repeatedly blamed me for signing up with them, stating that it was at my own risk. This lack of accountability and poor customer service has been unacceptable.Overall, I regret choosing Nomad Lease and would caution others against using their services. Their false promises, inefficient processes, and overly complicated application requirements have been a costly mistake.

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Super helpful, thank you

  • Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7mo

    Hi all, Matt here. I am one of the co-founders of Nomad (not “Nomad Lease”), and I want to respond directly to the substance of this feedback.

    First, I understand the frustration here. Vacancies cost real money, and when things feel slower than expected, that creates stress. I am sorry this experience felt disappointing.

    I also want to clarify a few factual points and respond to the specific issues raised.

    Listing speed and syndication
    Listings on Nomad can go live in as little as a few hours. That said, we rely on a sync with Zillow, and any system that is not Zillow itself is dependent on that integration. This is true across the industry. I understand the rush and expectation of instant posting, especially if you have listed directly on Zillow before, but that timing is not always fully in our control.
    We do reliably syndicate to 30+ sites, including Realtor.com. If syndication felt delayed or unclear in this case, we should have communicated that better.

    Application review speed and visibility
    We do not instantly surface unreviewed applications to owners. We screen applications for fraud, income, identity, lease compliance, and eligibility for guaranteed rent. That screening is core to the product. If someone wants to move faster by being less scrupulous in screening, they absolutely can, but Nomad is not the right platform for that approach. Our goal is protecting owners and maintaining a high-trust marketplace, even when that introduces some friction.

    Application requirements
    Our application does ask for more information than some platforms. That is intentional and tied to fraud prevention, lease accuracy, and guaranteed rent eligibility. We are always evaluating where requirements create unnecessary drop-off, but we are not trying to be the fastest or loosest screening option on the market.

    Onboarding experience and tone
    I reviewed internal notes related to this account. Based on what I see, I do not see that anyone told you that you “signed up at your own risk.” If that did happen, that would be unacceptable in incompatible with our standards, as that is not how we expect our team to communicate.

    I will also say that we expect conversations with our staff to remain courteous and respectful on both sides. Our team deals with a high volume of stressed situations, and professionalism matters in both directions.

    Zooming out, Nomad works with thousands of landlords nationwide. Most have smooth, repeat experiences, but at our scale there will be cases where things do not go as planned. We take that feedback seriously and use it to improve.

    Nomad is also not a traditional, high-touch local property manager. We are a tech-enabled platform with standardized processes focused on risk reduction and guaranteed rent. That model works very well for many landlords and is not the right fit for everyone. We can do a better job setting those expectations clearly upfront.

    I appreciate the chance to respond directly and add context.

    Matt

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 552 posts · 319 votes
    7mo

    I’ve seen a few owners experiment with Nomad and similar digital property management models, and the feedback tends to cluster around a couple of consistent themes.

    What people like most is the structure without the high fees — marketing, leasing paperwork, tenant portals, and online rent payments are all handled cleanly, and the lower percentage (4% vs typical 8–12%) can really help cash flow if you’re willing to do some of the boots-on-the-ground work yourself.

    The property damage protection perk is appealing, but most experienced operators will tell you: that’s a nice bonus, not core risk management. Damage protection programs often have exclusions and caps, and you still need solid screening and enforcement to avoid major losses.

    Where the reviews get mixed is on maintenance execution and local responsiveness. Digital platforms are great for standard communication, documentation, and automation — but they don’t always have a strong network of vetted vendors in every market. That makes them less of a full replacement for local hands-on property management and more of a hybrid solution.

    So, many owners use Nomad (or similar services) on properties that are stable and not maintenance-intensive, or as part of a hybrid system: digital leasing and tenant communication + local contractors for repairs.

    If you’re comfortable coordinating local vendors, keeping an eye on compliance, and stepping in for walkthroughs/inspections, platforms like Nomad can save on fees while still providing structure and documentation. If you want someone local handling everything — especially maintenance and emergencies — traditional property management usually still outperforms purely digital models.

    Short, balanced, and focused on real-world trade-offs without selling anything.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver · Member since 2021 · 74 posts · 53 votes
    7mo

    @Jim Johnson this is a pretty fair take. Knowing Nomad well, it's really designed for self-managing owners that want more support. It's really not a substitute for a good local, full-service PM if that's what the owner needs. When maintenance issues come up, I will flex between clicking a button to have one of their vendors fix the issue, calling my preferred handyman/vendor, and fixing it the issue myself.

    You did omit guaranteed rent, which is a huge value to owners that want more certainty around getting paid early in the month and always on-time. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.