• Seattle
Votes |
Remote security cameras

Will Kenner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle
Posted May 30 2021, 07:39

Looking for recommendations on the best way to setup remote security for rental properties. Currently for my primary residence I have a Ring system which works well and provides the basic surveillance that I'd like to have for rental properties; perimeter motion lights with cameras to record parking lot and back alley activities, "check in" on the grounds to ensure the landscapers are actually showing up, no one has graffitied the fence, determine false alarms on a vacant property, etc. Of course, all the video capture and position of the cameras will be compliant with tenant privacy and would be outward facing. 

To setup such systems for multiple properties, can this easily be done with the current DIY home systems? Each property would need dedicated internet and a network, which is an added utility cost but worth it for security and not too difficult to setup. However I'm curious if it gets complicated having multiple different accounts (i.e Ring, Nest, SimplySafe account for each property) and accessing each property on your phone? Any creative solutions and/or pitfalls that people have had? 

Loading replies...