What do you use other than MLS?

5 Replies

So other than the usual suspects, where are you looking for properties? Specifically larger multi-family.

Places I check are:

1. MLS.ca
  2. ICX.ca
  3. Loopnet (not much Canadian content)
  4. Kijiji

I need to start attending local REI meetings too. Anything to add to this list?

Cheers,

Ming

You nailed it, Local REI Meetings.

Most of the great multi family buildings in Toronto will not hit the MLS and are sold exclusively with Realtors. Get out to some local meetings, meet other investors and connect with some great realtors who own and sell buildings.

If the realtors don't own buildings themselves then find one who does. You want to work with someone that buys and owns what the product that they sell!

@Gary McGowan - Any suggestions for REI meetings? There is an abundance of them in Toronto with the majority acting as sales façades for "gurus"!

Originally posted by @Gary McGowan :
There a few around that I would recommend,

Durham REI which is run by @Quentin D.

Toronto Real Estate Investments Club which run by Todor Yordanov

I also hold one every month called The York Region Real Estate Investor Group.

The Todor Yordanov one is very good.

If you want to invest in general and in particular in Hamilton, the RockStar Inner circle is very good. They are a brokerage and a RE club. I have been following their newsletters for 2 years.

For Hamilton only, check Mr Hamilton, he is a RockStar Broker.

For big buildings, follow the Rock Advisors, no one has better advice for big residential buildings. They are also a brokerage.

Don't forget to follow the best advisor of all of them: yourself.

Filipe

Originally posted by @Gary McGowan :
You nailed it, Local REI Meetings.

Most of the great multi family buildings in Toronto will not hit the MLS and are sold exclusively with Realtors. Get out to some local meetings, meet other investors and connect with some great realtors who own and sell buildings.

If the realtors don't own buildings themselves then find one who does. You want to work with someone that buys and owns what the product that they sell!

Hi @Gary McGowan

in which RE clubs you see Toronto multiplexes trading hands?

I haven't found any Toronto downtown plexes trading on the couple of ones I have gone to.

thank you

Filipe