Investing in Gatineau

3 Replies

Hi everyone,

I am based out of Ottawa and was wondering about what people thought about investing in Gatineau? The QC real estate market is much more accessible but my concern is with regards to landlord- tenant laws.

Thanks.

Hello,

That is the biggest issue in Quebec the landlord - tenant laws favour the tenant.  That would be your biggest issue, if you got a bad tenant your  screwed

Originally posted by @William Wong :

Hi everyone,

I am based out of Ottawa and was wondering about what people thought about investing in Gatineau? The QC real estate market is much more accessible but my concern is with regards to landlord- tenant laws.

Thanks.

Hi William, 

I grew up on the Gatineau, Qc, Aylmer more specifically. My parents did very well with rental properties in Aylmer. They have a portfolio of semi-detached homes that are relatively easy to rent, They are very careful when choosing tenants and haven't had any issues in years.

If you have good tenants than you shouldn't have any problems with the rules favouring tenants  

Originally posted by @Janek Koza :

Hello,

That is the biggest issue in Quebec the landlord - tenant laws favour the tenant.  That would be your biggest issue, if you got a bad tenant your  screwed

Sitting down here in NB - which strangely has a rather well balanced Residential Tenancies Act - Ontario's Landlord and Tenant Act is pretty much as pro tenant as the Régie du logement.