Best markets in Ontario for cashflow?

10 Replies

Hey everyone, 

I'm looking to buy my first rental property, and my main goal for this one is cashflow. I've been reading up on different markets in Ontario, but I'd be interested to hear about your own experiences in your markets.

Cheers,
Madeline

Best to Go Far North, Far West or Far East.   And try to keep a balance on cashflow and appreciation both for your future ability to regain your cash into the investment.

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Our Ontario portfolio is largely north of Huntsville. Strong opportunities are starting to become harder to come by, we weren't often in a multiple bidding situation but starting to see that as the norm now, not the exception. Still inventory out there though, be patient and make sure you know your target market and tenant profile for each area you're looking in.

Thank you everyone for the input. It seems like the North has a lot of opportunities for investing, which I hadn't even considered before discovering this forum. Would love to hear about your experiences investing up there at some point!

Originally posted by @Roy Cleeves :

Best to Go Far North, Far West or Far East.   And try to keep a balance on cashflow and appreciation both for your future ability to regain your cash into the investment.

Hi Roy, thanks for the tip. Just to clarify, when you say far West/North/East you're still referring to within Ontario?

Correct - still in Ontario. 

Or out of Ontario still Far East.