Is this a good deal? Re: Brownstone Realty Group

6 Replies

I recently met Kim Harrington from Brownstone Realty Group in a Boston investor meeting. Kim puts real estate flips together using a group of investors money. Kim is saying they will pay 4 points and between 15% and 20% return on a $100k investment, equating to a yearly return if the money stays in play that long. It sounds good to me but I'm new to the game and there's no guarantees. Is this a good deal? Does anyone do business with them? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Ann. That means alot coming from you.

Disclosure: See above post

Karen, depending on how it's structured it could be a good deal for you, but the structure matters. Make sure you understand it completely and ask lots of questions. What Kim and I do may not be the same as what you do.

Medium small logoAnn Bellamy, Buy Now, LLC | 800‑418‑0081 | http://www.buynowhardmoney.com | Podcast Guest on Show #9

Originally posted by @Karen Lee :
I recently met Kim Harrington from Brownstone Realty Group in a Boston investor meeting. Kim puts real estate flips together using a group of investors money. Kim is saying they will pay 4 points and between 15% and 20% return on a $100k investment, equating to a yearly return if the money stays in play that long. It sounds good to me but I'm new to the game and there's no guarantees. Is this a good deal? Does anyone do business with them? Any advice appreciated.

Keep us posted on how it goes if you choose to proceed.

Medium rgc adams team logoRobert Adams, The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Co. | [email protected] | 702‑349‑9175 | http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com

Originally posted by @Ann Bellamy :
Karen, depending on how it's structured it could be a good deal for you, but the structure matters. Make sure you understand it completely and ask lots of questions. What Kim and I do may not be the same as what you do.

Ann is spot on. The terms as described sound pretty reasonable but the structure of the deal is the most critical part. At the end of the day, who is going to be in control of the money and what actions do you have available to you? Do you know when you will be able to take your money out? Remember the number one rule of investing is security of principal, and to Ann's point, the security of your principal will be decided by the way the deal is structured.

Also, just to be clear, I've never worked with Kim before and I'd be asking myself these questions no matter who I invested with.

Make sure to let us know how it goes!

-Clinton

@Karen Lee "...but I'm new to the game and there's no guarantees."

Important you understand that. Good Luck!