Rich Dad Education

20 Replies

I'm in St. Louis, and they haven't scheduled it for this area yet. But I plan to go. Just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for the heads up.

I have not attended the Rich Dad program personally but my realtor has. She LOVED IT!

I think the key is, get to know the program you are interested in. In your case, I suggest reading the books, studying the website. If you connect/identify with Robert Kyosaki's style and principles then go for it!

I am a member of Robert Allen's "Enlightened Wealth institute" I joined in June this year and have NEVER looked back. Of course I had to pay for some of the courses, but they have more than paid for themselves in the knowledge they impart and the subsequent deals I have as a result of his teaching methods

I liked the book.

This was an article that was linked from my REIA website.

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

[i]"In 1992, Kiyosaki wrote a book called If You Want to Be Rich and Happy, Don’t Go To School? It is “dedicated to Ralph H. Kiyosaki, former Superintendant of Education, State of Hawaii, the best teacher I ever had.” This would be “Poor Dad.” But Rich Dad Poor Dad, which came out in 1997, says quite emphatically that Rich Dad was the best teacher he ever had.

So maybe “Rich Dad” was the second best teacher he ever had. No. Actually, the 1992 book also identifies the second best teacher Kiyosaki ever had: F. Marshall Thurber."[/i]

this was a piece of the article. Which kind of made me laugh.

I guess on one hand if its true then it may be dishonest, at the same time if the stories he tells makes you more focus on the basic principals like buying assets and determination, then it really didnt do a ton of damage.

I actually went to a Rich Dad initial meeting at a Hotel in Orlando.
LOL, what a joke. From start to finish it was nothing but getting people to part with 5 or 6 hundred bucks to attend the next level meeting.

We ended up walking out, like I need to give my money to those guys!

I know a couple of people who went the next meeting and they spent another couple of grand! One of them even went all the way and ended up dumping a nice big 15 grand. Idiot, he could have been in and out of a couple of deals (like we were) in the time he wasted on that.

None of this is rocket science, of course you need some knowledge but the best way to get that is to dive in head first and get it done!

I wouldn't recommend paying money to attend his seminar, but if you do it should only be for motivational and entertainment purposes. You'll learn more from a good investment book then you will ever learn at his seminar.

I'm always impressed with the divergence of opinion on Kiyosaki and other gurus. It seems like people either love them or they hate them. I am of the latter group. I don't think his seminars are worth the money.

I did however think his original book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, was a decent read. It was an elementary introduction to the importance of passive income. I didn't think he provided an actionable plan on how to achieve success, but at least he introduced people to the importance of passive income.

Rich Dad is garbage. The course is just a waste of your money. Rich Dad will have you believe that you're buying "financial freedom", "more time with your family" etc but in reality you're just buying a course.

You would be MUCH better off buying the book for $25. It has some sound financial principles (unfortunately they're very difficult to put into practice as they're designed for the perfect world that nobody lives in) and certainly motivates you and makes you think about your financial wealth.

One last tip - only buy the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book because all the other Rich Dad books are rewrites of the original.

Originally posted by "RealEstateAdvocate":
Rich Dad is garbage. The course is just a waste of your money. Rich Dad will have you believe that you're buying "financial freedom", "more time with your family" etc but in reality you're just buying a course.

You would be MUCH better off buying the book for $25. It has some sound financial principles (unfortunately they're very difficult to put into practice as they're designed for the perfect world that nobody lives in) and certainly motivates you and makes you think about your financial wealth.

One last tip - only buy the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book because all the other Rich Dad books are rewrites of the original.

Couldn't agree more with the "perfect world" point you made. I thought the book was interesting, but by no means the extent that a lot of people take it. Kinda scary actually...

I wonder how many foreclosures are a result of this book.

To sort of echo others, I thought "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" was a good book, but an introductory book to a way of life to which many aren't privy. I also enjoyed one of the "Rich Dad's Advisor's" books titiled "The ABC's of Real Estate Investing." While not terribly detailed, I believe it serves as a decent reference or starting point for someone jumping (or thinking about jumping) into real estate investing.

And I've never been to any of his seminars. I can't imagine them being worth the money.

While I agree that seminars are a waste of money. I found his books as well as many other books out there are good starting points and/or reference points,
Just like this website. You have to make your own decisions but it is agreat refence and starting point!

Without a doubt it was the one book that took me from back woods oakey living in a mobile home to comfortably secure with real estate. I'll never forget how far I went with the 6 inches between my ears...

Kiyosaki for Pres...

Kidding...

Good stuff in the books, not sure about the training...

Im new to BP & have read Rich Dad Poor Dad a number of times to gain motivation and regain some direction in my REal Estate business. Im from London Uk and trying to get finance or source good quality deals is proving difficult. I am thinking of doing the RD coaching/mentorship programme so in hope it will show ways in which source, finance or finance deals to sell onto other investors.....Is anyone doing the programme or would love to hear peoples opinions

R

Originally posted by Rahesh Jivan:
Im new to BP & have read Rich Dad Poor Dad a number of times to gain motivation and regain some direction in my REal Estate business. Im from London Uk and trying to get finance or source good quality deals is proving difficult. I am thinking of doing the RD coaching/mentorship programme so in hope it will show ways in which source, finance or finance deals to sell onto other investors.....Is anyone doing the programme or would love to hear peoples opinions

R

Don't waste your time with the RD programs. All they are, are nothing but upsell after upsell after upsell.

Read the info on this site or go to your local REI club and find a mentor there much cheaper and better than those upsell programs.

I have been to the Rich U class with a friend who bought a pretty big package at the weekend 500 buck weekend class. To me the 500 dollar weekend class was worth it because I was a complete noob. However now after getting connected to my local reia and with other investors I would not buy anything else.

A couple of interesting threads about it (the second one even presents Kiyosaki talking about the issues the training has... very informative)

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/20971-rich-dad-seminar.html

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/failure-mistakes-goofs/25286-rich-dad-seminar-exposed-finally.html