SparkRent (from Intuit) discontinued

SparkRent (from Intuit) discontinued

Real Estate Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 201 posts · 74 votes

Just got this letter from Intuit that they are discontinuing SparkRent:

We are writing to let you know that SparkRent will be discontinued on March 23, 2015. After this date, you will no longer be able to collect rent payments or manage rentals using SparkRent. We recommend you invoice through QuickBooks to gather rent payments from your tenants. To make this transition easier, we're offering a special discount for you to sign up for QuickBooks Online Essentials (see below for additional details).

Why is SparkRent being discontinued?

We believe we can offer a better experience to you within QuickBooks with its easy, invisible accounting. QuickBooks includes an e-invoicing feature which allows you to invoice and get paid by your tenants online. Try it. We think you'll like it.

What are your options now?

We invite you to sign up for QuickBooks so you can use QuickBooks Payments to invoice tenants and accept credit cards or bank transfer payments. You can choose the Pay as you go payment plan and it will cost you as low as $0.50 per bank transfer. To thank you for your loyalty, we're offering QuickBooks Online Essentials for free for the first 30 days, and 50% off for the following six months. Click here to take advantage of this offer.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. The last day your tenants can pay rent through SparkRent will be March 23, 2015. We'll keep the site open until April 30, 2015 so you can access and download any rental payment information you may need.

0Reply
98 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 502 posts · 263 votes
    11y

    Me too :(

  • Real Estate Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 201 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    trying to move to RentMoola but they have a strange sign up process. Call or email. huh. They don't have an online system of signing up new landlords? seems strange.

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 502 posts · 263 votes
    11y

    I am looking into possibly www.rentshare.com.

  • Commercial Real Estate Agent · Clemson, SC · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I've been considering making the switch to www.buildium.com.  Looks like this was the motivation I needed to make the change. 

  • Engineer · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    I use truerent.com for everything other than payments, I use venmo.com for payments because it's free and i can put a renter specific link on my site.

  • Real Estate Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 201 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Haase  by the way, I love your profile pic!

  • Investor · Darien, CT · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    I have been using renterup.com for about 3 months on my two rental properties.  It's dead simple and easy for tenants to manage.  No issues whatsoever.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    11y

    I was thinking of switching to Pay Rent Now but they are just awful and unresponsive to work with.  I just wanna talk to a live person and it is so not happening.  Thanks for the other ideas.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    11y

    If anyone is still looking, I just signed up for eRent... it was super easy and a real live person called to see if I had any questions or needed help.  They cost a little more than some of the other candidates but real live people do cost more to support :-)

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    I switched over to Easyrent.com. I searched through multiple companies online cozy, buildium, and a few others. The setup took a few minutes and best part was I didn't need a merchant account to collect rent. Highly recommend them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.