Horrible experience with SmartMove

10 Replies

I was excited to  start using SmartMove and used coupon code : bgrpktsstd 

Which showed a free credit check by a landlord ( see attached picture) 

After checking my credit card I was charged $35 dollars. I decided to call and ask about the mistake and they said they can only refund $5 dollars. 

I rechecked how much it was with the coupon again and it was $10 dollars off. 

I asked to talk to a manager and refused to help me with their website error and went on to tell me how I was wrong.. 

I now have to call my credit card company and disputed the charge. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this company? 

Where did you get that code?  Sometimes, codes passed around online have expired or don't deliver the percent off you might have been told.

If you acquired the code directly from the SmartMove site, you can just point their customer service reps to that page.  If you got a discount code from a third party site, there's no guarantee your discount is legitimate.

I've never tried to use a promo code for the website so I can't attest to that, but overall I've really enjoyed using smartmove. I do it so the applicant pays directly. I think they feel better seeing that the money from their application goes fully towards running the reports and I'm not profiting at all from them applying. The report itself is quite detailed and very helpful.

I googled SmartMove biggerpockets coupon and it's the first link from biggerpockets site itself 

Hi @Brandyn Duff

I’m a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. I apologize for your trouble with the coupon - the coupon code "bgrpktsstd" is a $5 off coupon. From your screenshot it appears there may have been a bug in the system that prevented the full charge amount from displaying. Because of this we have refunded the full amount of $35 (this may take up to 7-10 business days to appear in your account). If you have any further questions please contact us at [email protected]. Thanks!

Just in the fact that a representative took the time to handle this problem shows the integrity of the company! I have never heard of SmartMove but am at least intrigued to check them out for screening in the future.

@nicole it's called good Saving face, When I called the 3+ times and they did nothing, They did finally refund the money after I had to make a post and call my credit card company.

@andrea thanks for taking care of this. 

Originally posted by @Nicole Jones :

Just in the fact that a representative took the time to handle this problem shows the integrity of the company! I have never heard of SmartMove but am at least intrigued to check them out for screening in the future.

Don't be fooled.  I had a similar experience as @Brandyn Duff.  They give you the run around, a million excuses and just keep saying "they're looking into it."  What they're really saying is that they hope you just give up and stop calling them.

This post has been removed.

I have to say I have had the same experience. I have technical issues with my smartmove account. Basically I can't accept or reject a tenant. I call the company, they try to say it's a browser issue(unfortunately it happens on multiple different browsers/computers) and then say a senior tech will call back after looking into it. nothing happens.

Their customer service is crap.

Disclosure: I am a representative with TransUnion SmartMove

Hi @Gabe G.

I apologize for your trouble, we'd be happy to help with your SmartMove account. Please send an email and include a good phone number to reach you at during business hours. We will call you directly to help. Thanks!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here