• Boston, MA
Votes |
Craigslist scam??

Jessica Y.
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jul 14 2015, 07:18

Hi everyone,

I recently joined BP and have been impressed by the amount of resources on here! We are just starting out in REI, and I have the extra time to learn more as I am only work part-time at the moment.

When searching for part-time jobs in my area, I came across a job posting on CL that sounds maybe too good to be true?  It states they're willing to train new-hires in investment acquisition strategies, while also paying them for the work that they do.  This may seem like an obvious scam, but I guess I want to believe that there are honest companies out there who just do a bad job of marketing/head hunting....?  Maybe I'm just being naive and overly optimistic...?

So, I emailed them just because I was curious, and I got a response that wasn't the typical "spammy, broken English" -- it seemed like there was a real person on other end. That said, I want to know if: 1) these kinds of companies/groups truly exist in REI, training and teaching people in investing while also paying them (and good money too) at the same time? And, if so, 2) Are they legitimate sources of income?

Here are snippets from the CL ad: 

"We provide a clear, focused path of wealth generation that gives you a firm grip to take motivated action to achieve your dreams using real estate and business ownership. Imagine diversifying your income, creating passive streams of money, and taking advantage of the strategies of the top 1% of America. Our organization has a proven track record of providing everyday people a way out of the "Rat Race" and on the correct course for a lifetime of financial stability. We provide simple, easy to understand training and mentoring to get you there!

Your Weekly Activities Will Include:
Working from home and setting your own hours (usually 10-20 hours/wk)
Setting simple appointments of interested candidates
Becoming educated on real estate acquisition and tax savings strategies
Creating offers and contacting potential buyers and sellers
Follow-up with clients via phone or email
Attend real estate workshops and network events
"

And from the follow-up email:

"Thanks for the info on your background and current investing situation. I'd like to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about yourself and your goals while also sharing information on us as well. No pressure at all. If it sounds like a great fit, I can direct you to the next step in the process, and if not, it only cost us 20 minutes of our time. I look forward to showing you our wealth path, and all of the real estate investor resources we have at our disposal. Please let me know a time(s) that is convenient for you the next couple of days to have a brief conversation. Have a blessed day and I will look out for your reply."

Thanks all for any feedback, insight, help in this matter!!  I look forward to exploring BP's wealth of knowledge more!

Loading replies...