Property Manager · Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
Can anyone please recommend a quality, but inexpensive property management software package? I am use to Yardi at work, but a small fry like me cannot afford a program like that. I have QB Pro 2008, but I cannot find a good guide to setting it up for property management.
Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
16y
If you want to keep things simple - avoid using property management software. It costs a lot to set up. When changes are made the updates cost a lot to keep current.. Most generate tons of worthless reports. As an investor when buying a property I have to sift through the hundreds of pages and put it into a 2-3 page format that is easy to read and get what you want out of it. If you do not care for the environment - go ahead and get one of these PM programs. MS-Office seems to do all I need to manage 3 different properties with about 210 units. Others I know are happy using QuickBooks.
Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
16y
If you want to keep things simple - avoid using property management software. It costs a lot to set up. When changes are made the updates cost a lot to keep current.. Most generate tons of worthless reports. As an investor when buying a property I have to sift through the hundreds of pages and put it into a 2-3 page format that is easy to read and get what you want out of it. If you do not care for the environment - go ahead and get one of these PM programs. MS-Office seems to do all I need to manage 3 different properties with about 210 units. Others I know are happy using QuickBooks.
Hard Money Lender · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 1 vote
16y
Tenant Pro is good it imports to Quickbooks if you want it to. Quick Books does not work well with property managment. You can set up online rent payments with PSN as well. If you are trying to save money then just use excel sheets one for each property.
Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
15y
Potential posters: DO NOT POST ADS HERE! This thread is in a discussion forum. You cannot recommend your own product or company. Ads for your product or service must be posted in the Classifieds forum.
Flipper/Rehabber · St. George, UT · Member since 2010 · 212 posts · 114 votes
15y
I ran a PM company for 2 years with Quickbooks and Excel. Between 30-75 single family homes.
I looked into lots of software and Appfolio is one I remember being really cool and on top of technology. I don't remember how they compare in price, just remembered they impressed me BIG TIME.
P.S. I only manage my homes and pass the rest along to another PM company that uses Yardi (expensive).
Rental Property Investor · Winslow, ME · Member since 2008 · 826 posts · 281 votes
15y
I'm happy to show you how to set up QB to be pretty decent. PM or email me. I LOVE QB for this, although it does have certain limitations. I'm going to check out a couple of the links posters have posted as well...
Investor · Lawrence, MA · Member since 2011 · 41 posts · 22 votes
15y
To be honest with you I tried a certain software that cost me $250 and was terrible, most reports were pretty useless. I figured I could recreate most of what I wanted in Excel which is what I have used for my 3 buildings and works great.