Anyone heard of Gary Massari

18 Replies

I saw a sign today at a Home Depot in Vacaville, CA saying "Real Estate Investor SEKS TRAINEE $10K MONTHLY CALL OR TEXT TO 925-***-****". I call the guy and he says to text him my name and email address. It sends me to a website http://30minute-millionaire.com/road-signs. From there i had to enter my email and phone number and start a "3 step verification process" and am supposed to interview with them on Thursday. Obviously, 10K a month starting out sounds outlandish, but I'm assuming this is a best-case scenario. Has anyone ever heard of this 30minute millionaire company or Gary Massari? Thanks for any input. I want to ensure I'm not getting into some janky situation.

You can be assured it’s going to be some janky situation. These type of ads have been running in the pennysaver and Craigslist for years.

Matthew Alderete, i just saw one of those signs, did you go to the interview? If so how did it go, is it worth taking a look at it?

so think of it this way 10k a month in income puts you in the top 2% of all earners in the US>.

so you think that's even remotely possible.. ???  this is simply mlm  guru they get rich on your dream

Stay away from that stuff, just like @Jay Hinrichs stayed.....they just want to make money off your dream! Not saying you shouldn’t go to certain seminars to learn but you gotta be able to weed out the bad and good ones! I️ just spent $400 on a great seminar that these guys didnt even market for. John Schuab and Pete Fortunado and learned a ton of creative stuff. Then you will see a 3K weekend event on how to get rich quick in real estate and it’s just basic knowledge that everyone already knows or can get from a $5 book. Be careful with these guys when you first start out in real estate investing.

Disclosure: sponsor

No JANKYNESS!

Yeah I didnt end up going. The videos that they market with end up breaking down what seems to be a MLM model. He claims he is THE AUTHORITY in that field. They want you to pay 2-10 thousand to learn all the same things that are taught here on BP. Their big thing is Velocity banking. Not worth the time or money in my opinion

Pave your own road. Find your local REIA and get involved. Network, Network and then Network some more.

Matthew, I meet Gary at many local RE seminars and he is a legit person. I haven't sign up for his group before since he was an hour away from me. Recently, I saw a post on his FB page from a girl who came to US from Ukraine three years ago and started to work as a cleaner and later went through his training.  I messaged her since she speaks Russian like me. She went through the education and Gary is her mentor now. She recently did a wholesale deal in Atlanta where she made $5K and just closed another one and that paycheck was $10K since she did more work. I'm starting my training with Gary this Sunday and can keep you posted if you're still interested...I'm always looking for local mentors and from my experience so far I trust Gary...

@Matthew Alderete As others have pointed before me this is a scam. If a guy can make $10k/month doing simple stuff that can be learnt in a few weeks, he wouldn't be desperate enough to be advertising outside a Home Depot... lol.

Gary Massari - Top MLM "Coach" - you can message him on LinkedIn and get scammed by the man himself. No need to go through a scammy website.

Like how the bots and "supporters" come out like @Anya Lowe .

@Omar Khan I'm a newbie to investing and this website. I'm also a working mom with three kids who is looking for a local mentor who has a proven record with other people and who is ready to show me the robes on our market and others.

I understand that this website is a great resource, but it might take hours and hours of research which i'm willing to spend eventually. I'm also ready to start working tomorrow toward my goals, not in the next 3 months. Are you willing to fly over to meet me one on one, walk around the neighborhoods and spend time teaching a few things (for free)? Or is it going to be just pure criticism and general advise of "start reading and networking"? I thought this community suppose to be helpful but so far what i've got is being called names, thank you for that..

Thanks @Anya Lowe let me know how it goes. I am still super skeptical though and wouldnt do it regardless. Also, @Omar Khan I agree its most likely bs so thanks for the input
Originally posted by @Anya Lowe :

@Omar Khan I'm a newbie to investing and this website. I'm also a working mom with three kids who is looking for a local mentor who has a proven record with other people and who is ready to show me the robes on our market and others.

I understand that this website is a great resource, but it might take hours and hours of research which i'm willing to spend eventually. I'm also ready to start working tomorrow toward my goals, not in the next 3 months. Are you willing to fly over to meet me one on one, walk around the neighborhoods and spend time teaching a few things (for free)? Or is it going to be just pure criticism and general advise of "start reading and networking"? I thought this community suppose to be helpful but so far what i've got is being called names, thank you for that..

I don't know if you're familiar with the history but EVERY single time some no-name "mentor" or any other scam artist (not saying your mentor is either) gets called out, we see a ton of posts from newly created accounts. 

Now this might be a coincidence but enough coincidences have happened for BP to put a drop-down menu where you have to state if you have a pre-existing relationship with the company, product of service mentioned in the discussion.

While it's great that you're taking action, you can save yourself the hassle and time by following some common sense tips by going through the forums for free. Unless your mentor is putting $$$ into your deals, I doubt you're going to be super-charging your progress when it comes to investing in single family or small multifamily residences. 

@Omar Khan, I believe you...and understand your concerns...As I've mentioned before, if I didn't talk to a real person with real results I would not even consider to talk to any "mentor", but what that girl archived so fast got my attention and I want to explore it..Please don't undermine people just because you've done something that others might not yet. And to be honest, giving advice of just following the forums is not big of a help - that's why I'm here already..Happy Investing!

I have also seen his sign here in Livermore and shot him a text. He gave me a call, and told me he is looking for people to bird dog for him. My first question I asked him was "Are you selling anything?" He then went off about how he is not like those guys who come to town for there big real estate investing seminar and try and get you for thousands. I signed up to set up a meeting with him, but afterwards it has you fill out a questionnaire which asked some questions in regards to how much are you willing to spend on educating yourself to learn about this business. I believe the prices ranged from 150 to 600 per month. So @Matthew Alderete after that, I came to BP to see if anyone else had already looked into this guy. @Anya Lowe good luck with your training and yes please do keep us posted. I would love to learn the ropes of REI, however I feel there is such a disconnect between mentors and people looking to be mentored because the people looking to be mentored always feel they are going to be getting scammed or wasting money, and I'm sure any legit mentor feels that they don't want to waste time possibly mentoring someone who isn't going to benefit them. I'm sure these mentors ask for money of course becuase one, they are actually teaching you something of value, and two most importantly that they know you are serious. But then again on our side of being the trainee we never know who is legit and who is not.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just sure others can relate. 

Thanks guys and have a great day!

Hi @Christopehr Minhas, I'm working with Gary now full force and hasn't pay a penni yet. Gary will make money of me when we'll make a deal together. But! I've got a "special deal" since i'm an experience RE agent and not only know the basics already but can negotiate..lol...Some people have no clue on how to write the contract or what the EMD is and they need to go through the essential education...I don't buy anything what comes my way unless it makes sense, but I do believe in constant education and mentoring. My husband who has his own high tech company pays his mentors or they make deals together, nobody willing to give you their time for free especially if people are highly successful. Will keep you posted once i get my first check on this journey..:)

Originally posted by @Christopher Minhas :

I have also seen his sign here in Livermore and shot him a text. He gave me a call, and told me he is looking for people to bird dog for him. My first question I asked him was "Are you selling anything?" He then went off about how he is not like those guys who come to town for there big real estate investing seminar and try and get you for thousands. I signed up to set up a meeting with him, but afterwards it has you fill out a questionnaire which asked some questions in regards to how much are you willing to spend on educating yourself to learn about this business. I believe the prices ranged from 150 to 600 per month. So @Matthew Alderete after that, I came to BP to see if anyone else had already looked into this guy. @Anya Lowe good luck with your training and yes please do keep us posted. I would love to learn the ropes of REI, however I feel there is such a disconnect between mentors and people looking to be mentored because the people looking to be mentored always feel they are going to be getting scammed or wasting money, and I'm sure any legit mentor feels that they don't want to waste time possibly mentoring someone who isn't going to benefit them. I'm sure these mentors ask for money of course becuase one, they are actually teaching you something of value, and two most importantly that they know you are serious. But then again on our side of being the trainee we never know who is legit and who is not.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just sure others can relate. 

Thanks guys and have a great day!

Hey my fellow Livermore resident!

Not everyday I stumble across someone from my neighborhood in the biggerpocket forums so just thought i'd say hi! Want to grab coffee sometime? I'm no real estate expert and defiantly not qualified to be your mentor but i do work at Marcus and Millichap and am currently managing a commercial retail listing in Livermore so i'd be happy to sit down with you and share what I know. 

Disclosure: I am friends with Gary and potentially an affiliate

guys - I can't speak for the ads or websites that don't do what you expect, but unless you have spoken with Gary to understand his business, ease up on the character/business assassination. He is a quality guy with sound business and personal ethics. Gary runs a successful business, is well respected in the circles in which we all overlap, and he has mentored many successful students. 

If you're not making $10k a month and he can help you get to that point, take action and meet with him. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here