• Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon & California Coasts
Votes |
Market Activity Explodes

AJ Wong
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon & California Coasts
Posted Feb 3 2023, 21:32

Well a few weeks ago I wrote about a window of investment opportunity. 

The forecast appears fortuitous? Or somewhat accurate.. In the past 10 days I've had no less than six clients get pre qualified for a potential property purchases. 

I had several investors close on multi unit properties in January, and although reflectively they might have paid a slightly higher rate of interest compared with today, there was almost certainly less competition than would be expected today. 

A good proportion of properties with investment potential that were languishing on the market have recently gone pending and several recent listings have had multi offer conditions. 

As rates are expected to slide and stabilize and we enter peak housing season, I continue to anticipate a robust and perhaps surprisingly active Spring and Summer market along the OR & CA Coasts. 

Almost all of my local and extended industry colleagues and associates have reported a similar spike in sales activity and interest, with lesser intensity on retail commercial or office related properties. 

Both buyers and sellers of investment properties are encouraged to recalibrate to current market conditions in their localized area for consistent evaluation and analysis of investment returns and potential. For example since September/October '22 rates are down 1-1.5%+ on some alternative lending products such as bank statement verification loans. 

Also with a wave of buyers potentially competing for desirable properties, it could be a listing opportunity in what is trending towards a fresh seller's mini market. 

Fathom Realty  Logo

Loading replies...