Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes

Zip Code Recommendations in DFFW

Posted Jun 4 2023, 06:43

Good Morning-I'm searching for SFH or Duplexes in the DFW Metro area. Does anyone have any recommendations on specific zip codes/cities in the look at based on market trends?

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Amir Khan
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jun 4 2023, 08:17

@Michael Morookian it depends on what strategy you going for? BRRRR, LTR etc. ALN Apartment data puts out monthly and quarterly reports on real estate trends. DM me and I'll send you their latest report. While it does not show zip codes, it shows key figures including market breakdown, top 5 sub markets, occupancy changes, rent gains within DFW area..

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Volek
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Jun 7 2023, 07:27

I currently invest in the Arlington area of DFW due to its centralized location and investor friendly price point. Lets chat!

OnDemand Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Vogelgesang
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jun 7 2023, 14:06

Hey Michael, 

There's definitely several good areas to choose from in the metroplex! What price point you're looking for and the distance from you will be the bigger factors in narrowing down your search of course. Jennifer^ is definitely right about Arlington being one of the ideal areas, I'd also recommend Fort Worth as they had the largest population growth in the US in 2022 (per the Census Bureau). Burleson, Southlake, Colleyville, and even Alvarado are all worth looking at as well in my opinion. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions or need some further direction

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jun 8 2023, 05:10

@Michael Morookian   What price range do you want to be in?   Are you looking for a place to live in, or rental?   There's typically not a huge list of duplexes, so not that hard to look at almost all areas. I look at every duplex-3-4plex that comes on the market in the six counties surrounding DFW every day.   I used to just look at 4, but had to expand out even further to capture more.

Typically I would say look at the higher growth areas which will be around the outskirts of the main DFW circle...and also where the demand drivers are.  If you had to narrow it down Denton, Krum, anywhere around the 380 Cooridor from Decatur to Greenville...and typically north of there.

I think it also depends on your hold period. Right now some of the popular cities seem a little oversatured with properties and investors who don't care about returns as much as preserving capital.  If you're in it for the long haul then hopefully some of those issues will even out over time.