New Construction opportunity

New Construction opportunity

Real Estate Agent · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 2 votes

I have a single family new construction opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale market that is fully mapped out from a design, build, and execution standpoint, and I am currently evaluating the best path forward from an investment perspective.

The project has been approached with a clear focus on cost control, timeline, and resale positioning, with strong consideration given to current price per square foot comps and buyer demand in the area.

Professionally, I am involved in luxury residential construction in South Florida, which gives me daily exposure to high end project execution, trade coordination, and what is actually driving value in today’s market.

As I look at capital structuring and overall strategy, I would value input from experienced investors on a few points:

  1. Are you currently seeing strong returns on single family new construction in South Florida, or are margins tightening in this segment
  2. In your experience, does shifting toward a multifamily approach create a more favorable risk adjusted return in this market
  3. For those actively building, what are you seeing in terms of realistic timelines, cost pressures, and exit performance

I am also open to connecting with investors who are actively deploying capital in South Florida and interested in partnering on a well planned, design driven project with a strong execution focus.

Appreciate any insight from those currently active in the space.

0Reply
166 views

Most Popular Reply

Tej WadwaPro Member
Wholesaler · Florida / New York · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote
3mo

Hey! I'm in FTL as well, and we're doing some developments in Miami and Dallas.  I often see deals in FTL that I want to pull the trigger on but always pass lol.  Would be good to connect, maybe we can share some insights.  

---

Tej

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Des Moines, WA · Member since 2025 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    3mo

    Tanner, one trend we're seeing is that the projects performing best are often the ones where developers maintain discipline on acquisition basis and build timelines rather than relying on continued appreciation to drive returns.

    On the financing side, lenders remain active for well-structured construction projects, but many have become more focused on liquidity, contingency reserves, and execution experience than they were a few years ago.

    Regarding multifamily versus single-family, much of what we're seeing comes down to local absorption and exit strategy. In some markets, smaller multifamily projects are providing more flexibility on disposition and long-term hold options, while certain luxury single-family projects remain highly dependent on a narrower buyer pool.

    Out of curiosity, are you evaluating the project as a build-and-sell opportunity, a build-to-rent strategy, or a construction-to-DSCR exit?

  • Tej WadwaPro Member
    Wholesaler · Florida / New York · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    3mo

    Hey! I'm in FTL as well, and we're doing some developments in Miami and Dallas.  I often see deals in FTL that I want to pull the trigger on but always pass lol.  Would be good to connect, maybe we can share some insights.  

    ---

    Tej

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 65 votes
    3mo
    Quote from @Tanner Conner:

    I have a single family new construction opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale market that is fully mapped out from a design, build, and execution standpoint, and I am currently evaluating the best path forward from an investment perspective.

    The project has been approached with a clear focus on cost control, timeline, and resale positioning, with strong consideration given to current price per square foot comps and buyer demand in the area.

    Professionally, I am involved in luxury residential construction in South Florida, which gives me daily exposure to high end project execution, trade coordination, and what is actually driving value in today’s market.

    As I look at capital structuring and overall strategy, I would value input from experienced investors on a few points:

    1. Are you currently seeing strong returns on single family new construction in South Florida, or are margins tightening in this segment
    2. In your experience, does shifting toward a multifamily approach create a more favorable risk adjusted return in this market
    3. For those actively building, what are you seeing in terms of realistic timelines, cost pressures, and exit performance

    I am also open to connecting with investors who are actively deploying capital in South Florida and interested in partnering on a well planned, design driven project with a strong execution focus.

    Appreciate any insight from those currently active in the space.

    It all comes down to the deal and the numbers at the end of the day. No one niche in specific is more profitable than the other, its deal by deal. New build tends to be more profitable due to the time and risks it takes . I have a few new developments in Miami & Fort lauderdale.  They sell faster than my flips do, always have. As far as timelines, it varies city by city. 
  • Vijay FriedmanBusiness Member
    Miami, FL · Member since 2026 · 766 posts · 122 votes
    3mo
    Quote from @Tanner Conner:

    I have a single family new construction opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale market that is fully mapped out from a design, build, and execution standpoint, and I am currently evaluating the best path forward from an investment perspective.

    The project has been approached with a clear focus on cost control, timeline, and resale positioning, with strong consideration given to current price per square foot comps and buyer demand in the area.

    Professionally, I am involved in luxury residential construction in South Florida, which gives me daily exposure to high end project execution, trade coordination, and what is actually driving value in today’s market.

    As I look at capital structuring and overall strategy, I would value input from experienced investors on a few points:

    1. Are you currently seeing strong returns on single family new construction in South Florida, or are margins tightening in this segment
    2. In your experience, does shifting toward a multifamily approach create a more favorable risk adjusted return in this market
    3. For those actively building, what are you seeing in terms of realistic timelines, cost pressures, and exit performance

    I am also open to connecting with investors who are actively deploying capital in South Florida and interested in partnering on a well planned, design driven project with a strong execution focus.

    Appreciate any insight from those currently active in the space.

    @Tanner Conner
    A lot seems to come down to your basis and exit assumptions right now. From what I've seen, projects that still work under conservative resale pricing and slightly extended timelines tend to hold up best. Have you already modeled multiple exit scenarios if market conditions soften during construction?

    DreamPoint Capital
  • Developer · USA · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2mo
    Quote from @Tanner Conner:

    I have a single family new construction opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale market that is fully mapped out from a design, build, and execution standpoint, and I am currently evaluating the best path forward from an investment perspective.

    The project has been approached with a clear focus on cost control, timeline, and resale positioning, with strong consideration given to current price per square foot comps and buyer demand in the area.

    Professionally, I am involved in luxury residential construction in South Florida, which gives me daily exposure to high end project execution, trade coordination, and what is actually driving value in today’s market.

    As I look at capital structuring and overall strategy, I would value input from experienced investors on a few points:

    1. Are you currently seeing strong returns on single family new construction in South Florida, or are margins tightening in this segment
    2. In your experience, does shifting toward a multifamily approach create a more favorable risk adjusted return in this market
    3. For those actively building, what are you seeing in terms of realistic timelines, cost pressures, and exit performance

    I am also open to connecting with investors who are actively deploying capital in South Florida and interested in partnering on a well planned, design driven project with a strong execution focus.

    Appreciate any insight from those currently active in the space.


     IMO the margins are tightening, the markets have softened and trades have not adjusted for this yet. A few years back us developers wouldn't flinch at the rising labor rates when the margins were great however with the market softening the exits are looking slim.

    I'd be interested in hearing about your project, dm me and we can connect to see if its a fit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.