Skip to content
House Hacking

User Stats

Votes
Abner Sanchez
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR MY DOWN PAYMENT?!?!

Abner Sanchez
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Feb 1 2023, 16:11

So have $30,000 in cash reserves but I do not want to use it all on a down payment for of a house (via Conventional Financing/ 20%). Now I know what you're thinking "just do the FHA route" well that is 100% true I cannot because I can only get qualified for a $50,000 loan and in my area where I live I would be living in a very bad area(basically the ghetto). And so because I am putting 3.5% down that will not give me enough buying power to live in a good area, now opposed to me doing conventional and providing that 20% or around $25,000, I can live in a MUCH Nicer area. BUT the thing is this period, I have been absolutely killing it in the markets day trading I have started with $2300 and I have managed to turn it into $30,000 And I feel like I can double that $30,000 especially this year with the way the markets are and I do not want to use that $30,000 as my down payment. My question to you would (be as an absolute beginner into real estate) do you recommend that I get a loan from the bank as a down payment or use some form of down payment assistance to cover 100% or some of the down payment. I just feel like I don't want to use all my cash for the down payment because then I won't have anything left to trade and I have been absolutely crushing it. And with that I look for your help.

And No I cannot get a cosigner because both my parents are not legal citizens and I'm the only child, I have no one to be my cosigner.

Loading replies...