Pro Member
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Marketing MTR & Handling Leads

Valerie Bashiri
Pro Member
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Oct 26 2022, 18:58

I recently listed a room in my primary residence as a Medium Term Rental.  I'm marketing to traveling nurses, professionals, and those in transition such as people that may be renovating, or getting divorced.  I'm doing a flexible lease from 1 week to under a year.  I'm looking for feedback to manage my expectations with regards to marketing my space.  I have the room listed on: Craigslist, numerous FB groups, FB Marketplace, Sublet, Zumper, Cirtru, Furnished Finder.  How do you all work your leads?  Just call anyone that says they are interested?  I'm noticing TONS of people are not reading the listing; which is wildly frustrating.  I work FT and 10 hour shifts, so not a ton of time to be following up on leads where people aren't reading.  Also, are there more effective marketing channels to list my room?  I have not listed on Airbnb, as I'm still renovating the basement and I didn't want to risk people complaining that the basement is getting renovated.  That is a fact I will discuss when people come to check the place out.  I have a large home and plenty of space on one floor.  So no one would even know about the renovation except for when they are wanting to do laundry.  I want to know the most effective way to work the leads I get, the best places to post my listing, and how long I should expect the listing to sit before it's rented (a ball park idea).  Again, I'm just trying to manage my expectations.

Loading replies...