Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Strategies to talk to owner of new-build Property

Shyd Coloma
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Posted Dec 7 2022, 22:15

I'm looking for some support on working with a landowner who's currently building a duplex in the lot right next to my current rental investment property in Columbus, Ohio. My current duplex right next door is running as a mixed STR/MTR and it's doing great!

I found the contact information of the owner of the property and they've agreed to talk to me about selling me their home once it's completed (planned completion is Feb/March 2023). I currently don't have enough funds for a down payment and furnishing the duplex, but I REALLY want to figure out how I can get the owner to sell me the property. I'm thinking I need to throw out some creative financing ideas or maybe find someone that would like to partner on the deal. I already have a cleaning and handyman team helping me with the property right next door and I'm super familiar with the neighborhood. I think this would be a great property (if the price is right) and I already know the area has great potential to implement the MTR strategy!

I'm looking to chat with someone about options I can throw out to the seller and how to have the conversation with the owner in general. All my deals have been standard deals with conventional investment property loans so this would be a first for me. It would be great if I could jump on the property before the owner thinks about putting it up on the MLS. I'm looking to connect with anyone that can help provide guidance on the best way to approach this seller and what I can say to entice them to sell to me.

Loading replies...