From my very first deal to my latest one…

From my very first deal to my latest one…

Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 5 votes

I started in Memphis, TN, and my most recent deal was in Atlanta, GA.

I remember when I was door knocking for roofing inspections. I used to sell roofs until I found Ms. Maggy. I was there for a roof appointment, but I quickly realized the whole house had been devastated by Hurricane Beryl. Her husband had passed away earlier, and the house was unlivable.

I told her, “Listen, I know I’m here to inspect your roof, but no one should be living in that house.”

I told her I would give her cash for the house and she needed that. The home was condemned.

We made an offer at $60,000. The house needed a lot of repairs, so she ended up with $43,000, and I made $10,000 on that deal.

I started taking real estate seriously in 2025 and began treating it like a real business instead of a side hustle.

I put the right processes in place. Now my CRM is flooded with leads and upcoming opportunities.

I’ve had tough days and good days but I’m grateful for the journey.

Here’s some advice I’d love to share:

1.⁠ ⁠Have the right systems in place. Use the right CRM and follow-up sequences.

2.⁠ ⁠Don’t get fixated on one exit strategy. If I hadn’t learned novations, I wouldn’t have closed 60% of my deals.

3.⁠ ⁠Have a reliable lead generation source. I tried referrals they work, but they’re not consistent. I’ve relied on cold calling for the past year.

4.⁠ ⁠Get the right team in place. I trained three people in follow-up and acquisitions, and I also hired a part-time team member.

Still, my biggest win this past year is that my mom beat cancer. Part of that journey was this business and being able to provide, with God’s help.

2Reply
111 views

Most Popular Reply

Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 979 posts · 643 votes
7mo

Way to go @Tyler Bennett, Recognizing opportunity, taking action, and turning a side hustle into a real business💪🏽

Spark Rental Co-Investing Club577 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    7mo

    Tyler, powerful story and first, congratulations on your mom beating cancer. That is the real win. You did something important on that first deal, that is you solved a real problem. That is where the best deals usually come from. I also respect that you shifted from side hustle to systems. CRM discipline, diversified exit strategies, consistent lead flow and a trained follow up team. That is how this becomes predictable instead of emotional. Keep building the infrastructure. The operators who win long term are the ones who treat it like a business and not a hustle.

  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 979 posts · 643 votes
    7mo

    Way to go @Tyler Bennett, Recognizing opportunity, taking action, and turning a side hustle into a real business💪🏽

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club577 Reviews
  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7mo

    Great story. Deals like that remind you this business is really about solving problems for people. Respect for building the systems too. - that's where most people fall short.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.