Need a good core website

13 Replies

Any recommendations for a good core website that will come optimized (SEO)? I have recently heard of a company called investor carrot that supposed to bring in so pretty good leads. Anyone have any experience with them? It runs $30+ a month.

@Javon Dixon I used investor carrot until recently. I had their package that gives you three sites for $50/mo. It is good for the purpose of getting a site up with content quickly but some of it needs to be changed ASAP. When they first set it up, I had George Harrison quotes as testimonials. Really, it's running on WordPress and for $5 per month you can get a host that will host WordPress and it is pretty easy to set up and configure yourself and there is a lot of free information online about that.

I'm a developer by trade myself, and am currently offering small projects for free and larger ones pretty cheap in order to rebuild my portfolio and get back into freelancing. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.

@Barry Marshall Thanks for the info. I have some squeeze pages hosted with ipage.com. They do have wordpress sites and templates I can purchase. Im more concerned with the SEO. I had an ecommerce website before and it took a lot to get it ranked. I heard that investor carrot sites seem to be ranked pretty good and for you as a developer to use them for a while, it would seem that they may be good for my short term needs

@Javon Dixon They are definitely great for short term needs. That's what I used them for myself. I didn't have any problems with the service while I had it. The site wasn't automatically in place as soon as I signed up but it was ready in about two days. The sites were ranked pretty well and I didn't have to spend much time messing with SEO to make that happen.

Hey Javon! Hope you've had a great 2014 so far!

And great question about Investor Carrot. Actually, I'm the founder of Investor Carrot... so whatever I say of course take it at face value (since I own the company)... but what I always like to do is refer you over to the stories of our members who are doing great things with Carrot.

Barry, I appreciate you hopping in and giving Carrot good reviews! And we actually took your advice and removed the stock "George Harrison" placeholder quote from the system... that'll save future members some time from deleting 'er :-) Thanks!

And you're spot on... YES, a guy can definitely go get wordpress and put it on a hosting account for cheaper. No doubt about it.

But, we actually even have web developers who use our system (one guy actually used to build real estate investor websites for other people on wordpress for a living... now uses Carrot because it's easier and he's getting better results on our system vs. his own sites).

In the end, the decision people need to make should be based on a few things:

1) How much time do you have? And do you value your time?

Scott Costello, a prolific BP contributor, wrote a great blog post about Carrot vs. creating your own WP site from scratch here: http://www.strugglinginvestor.com/2014/02/lead-generating-websites-comaprison/

Great read. If you have to write your content from scratch... will yours be as effective as ours for conversion and how fast can you get yours written?

Those are all costs (even if they're not monetary costs).

2) Conversion:

We have lots of things built into our system that help increase conversions and SEO that most people don't notice.

Brittany Bolling of Baltimore is dominating her local SEO results with Carrot. Yes, she had to dive in and do some further optimization herself using our training since she's in a very competitive market... but she's closed 4+ deals just from her Investor Carrot leads this year alone.

Here's a case study video interview with her:
http://oncarrot.com/investor-carrot-review-brittany-bolling/

Lots of people mention they can build a wordpress website... but that doesn't mean the website will be effective in converting leads highly effectively. The message and the way the website is structured is more important than the bones.

Similar to direct mail... if you find an effective direct mail piece... it works because of the message and the strategy behind it... not because of the printer who printed it. Websites are the same (and our content is all copyright protected for our active members only).

3) Maintenance and Improvement:

One thing a lot of people tend to forget when building your own website are all of the little things that go along with building your own website.

- Upgrading wordpress to keep your website secure

- keeping your server secure to ward off hackers (ever had a site hacked? not fun)

- Updating all of the plugins to keep things secure whenever new updates come out

- Having to hack away at your own "theme" to try to get it where you want.

- Paying web developers extra money to build the pages you really want

- As new technology comes out you need to rebuild or pay another web guy to get your website "up with the times" (mobile was the latest biggie. So really you may need to rebuild your website every 18-24 months or more)

- Education: We're continually testing pages with our members and rolling those updates out to Investor Carrot websites on the fly to increase conversion on your websites. If your not continually testing to increase your own conversions... who is? If you're not, you're likely missing leads.

- and more.

So when you add all of that up... most people are actually saving money by going with an InvestorCarrot account (only $49/mo)... not to mention the headache you're going to save by not having to try to guess what's going to work, to write your own content, to update your system, and to hack with design.

We worry about all of that.

With that said, InvestorCarrot isn't right for everyone.

The funny thing is that as of late... the fastest growing segment of our userbase is advanced investors moving away from websites they built themselves (or from other systems like Realeflow or Freedomsoft).

The advanced investors like the flexibility of Carrot, the fact we're always testing things, our support, etc.

Just recently one of the biggest investors in Birmingham moved all 4 of their websites over to us, one of the largest wholesalers in St. Louis moved over to us, the largest rehabber in Oklahoma, the head of a large REIA in L.A., a Fortune Builders Coach moved his sites over to us (from ones he built himself), etc.

They're seeing a greater return on their money and don't have to worry about all of the website stuff.

1 deal pays for your membership for years and years and years.

Anyhow @Javon Dixon , we'd love to have ya if it's a fit!

We can hop on the phone sometime if you'd like too :-) We're here for ya!

And @Barry Marshall if there's ever a fit in the future... we'd love to have you back!

Thanks again for the positive review Barry! Hit me up if I can help you in any way... even if it's with your website you're building yourself... we're still here for you to help you succeed!

- Trevor

@Javon Dixon I have the 3 site investor carrot package that I've used since last June. With out doing a lot of modifications (just rewording some of the content to fit my business a bit better) I'm ranking on the 1st or 2nd page of google for terms like "we buy nj houses" and "sell your nj house". All it really took was time in order to move up to where I am. I've done very little offsite seo.

I'm a tester, so I'm actually building my own site from scratch and doing all the SEO as well so I can compare. I started this project last November so the results are still in the early stages. This site is rising in the rankings as well, not quite on the first page of google just yet but I'm sure I'll make it there.

I've spend about 10 hours a month and about $3000 for my non-investor carrot website so far. (most of the $3000 has gone towards hiring an seo guy to help get me started and guide me through the process).

FYI - I am an affiliate with investor carrot. Mainly to help me pay for the $50/mo fee and to also help me pay for the building of my other site. Trevor is a great guy and his team is always helpful. They actually have training webinars every few weeks for customers.

I'm probably going to run both sites for a few years to see which works better. Once you get to the top it's all about staying power. You never know when google will change their algorithms either.

What ever direction you go you'll have to do work.

@Trevor Mauch I appreciate you as the owner taking time to explain all of that. I spent a lot of time building a prestashop website for a previous business and I am NOT at all interested in building it again. I think your service will make a good fit for what I am trying to do. Thanks @Scott Costello That was the nail in the coffin! lol

I signed up yesterday with Investor Carrot and could really use some guidance as far as redirecting the website domain (www.northtexaswholesalehomes.com) from Freedomsoft to Investor Carrot. Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this? All I know is that TLD Registrar Solutions (who don't offer phone support) are the ones who host my site.

Has anyone tried out 99 designs? It seems to me that they offer hosted websites, or have I misunderstood their offers?

Originally posted by @John Baskin :

I signed up yesterday with Investor Carrot and could really use some guidance as far as redirecting the website domain (www.northtexaswholesalehomes.com) from Freedomsoft to Investor Carrot. Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this? All I know is that TLD Registrar Solutions (who don't offer phone support) are the ones who host my site.

Do you know where your Domain name is hosted?  

For example, my domain names are with Godaddy.  So when I bought my Investor Carrot site I just switched the DNS settings on godaddy to point to my Investor Carrot site.  Was up and running in less then 24 hours.

Does Freedomsoft "self host" the domains?

Originally posted by @Ingrid J. Ledingham:

Has anyone tried out 99 designs? It seems to me that they offer hosted websites, or have I misunderstood their offers?

99 designs, while they may host websites now, is mainly for getting graphics, logos and other similar needs designed for you.  What you do is describe what you want, say how much you'll pay, and a any number of graphic designers will come up with what you want.  You then have the option to pick the one you like best (that designer will get paid then) or decline them all and get your money back.  

It works really well for Logos.

That is the core of their business model I believe.  Either way, there are probably much better website hosts out there like bluehost, hostgator, etc..

Originally posted by @Scott Costello :
Originally posted by @Ingrid Johnsen Ledingham:

99 designs, while they may host websites now, is mainly for getting graphics, logos and other similar needs designed for you.  What you do is describe what you want, say how much you'll pay, and a any number of graphic designers will come up with what you want.  You then have the option to pick the one you like best (that designer will get paid then) or decline them all and get your money back.  

It works really well for Logos.

That is the core of their business model I believe.  Either way, there are probably much better website hosts out there like bluehost, hostgator, etc..

Thank you @Scott Costello 

I will check it out. 

Hello everybody:

Please tell me if carrot is workable forma spanish speeking markets. I am from Perú and i am starting wholesaling in my country and i need to start a buyer web, a seller web and investir web. 

Please tell me if is posible to youse carrot fpr spanish market so i will write contento on spanish. 

Waitinh for your support

Alejandro Duenas

I built mine using Wordpress . I didn't want to pay monthly fees until the end of time . Also, word press sites are very good with SEO, send me a private message if you need help.

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide