Wholesaling in South Florida – What’s Actually Working Right Now?

Wholesaling in South Florida – What’s Actually Working Right Now?

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I’m currently building out a real estate investment operation in South Florida (Broward and Miami-Dade) and wanted to get some insight from those active in this market.

I’ve been focusing on building a strong buyer network and understanding investor activity before diving deeper into sourcing deals.

For those working in this area:

• What lead sources are producing the best opportunities right now?

• Are you finding more success on-market or off-market?

• Any challenges in this market that aren’t obvious at first?

Appreciate any insight — thank you.

1Reply
462 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 242 posts · 131 votes
6mo

I’m not in the Florida market, but I’ll share what I’m seeing overall right now.

The deals that are actually making sense are still coming from conversations… not really from where the lead came from.

I’ve seen people pulling deals from on-market, off-market, referrals, all of it. The difference is usually how well they’re able to connect with the seller and understand the situation.

A lot of the “good” deals right now aren’t obvious on the surface. They come from follow up, timing, and catching someone when they’re finally ready to move.

One thing I’ve noticed too… buyers have gotten more specific. If you don’t really know what your buyers want, it’s easy to tie something up that doesn’t move.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 242 posts · 131 votes
    6mo

    I’m not in the Florida market, but I’ll share what I’m seeing overall right now.

    The deals that are actually making sense are still coming from conversations… not really from where the lead came from.

    I’ve seen people pulling deals from on-market, off-market, referrals, all of it. The difference is usually how well they’re able to connect with the seller and understand the situation.

    A lot of the “good” deals right now aren’t obvious on the surface. They come from follow up, timing, and catching someone when they’re finally ready to move.

    One thing I’ve noticed too… buyers have gotten more specific. If you don’t really know what your buyers want, it’s easy to tie something up that doesn’t move.

    • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      6mo
      This is really helpful, I appreciate you sharing that.

      That aligns with what I’m starting to see as well — it seems like the real value is in the conversations and follow-up rather than just the source of the lead itself.

      The point you made about buyers being more specific definitely stands out. That’s actually one of the reasons I’ve been focusing on building and understanding my buyer list first, so I don’t end up tying up deals that don’t move.

      Out of curiosity, when you’re talking to sellers, what are some of the key things you focus on early in the conversation to determine if there’s actually an opportunity there?

      Thanks again for the insight.

      Quote from @Travis Goodwin:

      I’m not in the Florida market, but I’ll share what I’m seeing overall right now.

      The deals that are actually making sense are still coming from conversations… not really from where the lead came from.

      I’ve seen people pulling deals from on-market, off-market, referrals, all of it. The difference is usually how well they’re able to connect with the seller and understand the situation.

      A lot of the “good” deals right now aren’t obvious on the surface. They come from follow up, timing, and catching someone when they’re finally ready to move.

      One thing I’ve noticed too… buyers have gotten more specific. If you don’t really know what your buyers want, it’s easy to tie something up that doesn’t move.


  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 198 posts · 65 votes
    6mo

    most of my deals come from relationships

  • Investor · Houston · Member since 2026 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    6mo

    This is a great thread and I think both Travis and Branden hit on something important.

    A lot of people focus on lead source (on-market vs off-market), but in my experience the real differentiator is what happens after the lead comes in — conversations, follow-up, and understanding both the seller’s situation and what your buyers are actually looking for.

    One thing I’ve seen become more important recently is how tight buyer criteria has gotten. Like Travis mentioned, if you don’t have a clear understanding of what your buyers will actually close on, it’s easy to tie up deals that don’t move.

    On the flip side, the wholesalers that seem to be doing the best are the ones who:

    • have strong relationships
    • know their buyers very specifically
    • and can match deals quickly to real demand

    Out of curiosity for those active in South Florida are most of you managing your buyer lists manually, or using any kind of system to track criteria and match deals?

  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 687 posts · 246 votes
    6mo

    Hey @Tashara Minto — great to see you diving in with a strategic approach. South Florida is definitely competitive, but there are ways to get an edge.

    Lead Sources:

    • Off-market deals are still king if you can find motivated sellers — think absentee owners, expired listings, probate, and direct mail campaigns.

    • Investor networks are gold — connecting with other investors often surfaces deals before they hit the MLS.

    On-market vs. Off-market:

    • On-market can work for speed, but pricing is often aggressive. Off-market allows better negotiation and room for rehab.

    Challenges that aren’t obvious:

    • Cash flow vs. appreciation: Broward and Miami-Dade markets can have high purchase prices, so cash flow on rentals can be tight unless you structure the deal right.

    • Permitting and rehab costs: Shortages in labor and material cost fluctuations can hit your rehab timeline and budget hard.

    • Competition for BRRRR-type deals: Everyone is trying to buy rehabs with upside, so speed and prep matter.

    From a financing perspective, this is where creative lenders make a difference. At JCREIG Capital Funding, we help investors in this exact market with:

    • Fix & Flip loans (purchase + rehab)

    • Short-term rehab loans for off-market opportunities

    • DSCR refinance options once properties are stabilized


    If you’d like, we can connect to go over our loan programs and run some numbers together — I’d be happy to show you how our financing solutions can help you secure off-market deals, rehab efficiently, and grow your portfolio faster.

    JCREIG Capital Funding
  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 468 posts · 104 votes
    1mo

    Tashara - for Broward and Miami-Dade, two free public sources do most of the work before you spend a dollar on lists.

    1) The Broward Clerk's foreclosure sales calendar. Each case shows a scheduled sale date, the final judgment amount, and the docket. That hard deadline is what makes a seller conversation real. Owners with a sale date 30-60 days out are the most responsive people you'll talk to all month, and many don't know surplus proceeds exist or that a cash close before the sale date is an option.

    2) The Broward County Property Appraiser (BCPA) page for the folio: owner name and mailing address (out-of-area mail is a real signal), sale history, homestead status, year built, square footage, current just/assessed value. Caveat people get wrong constantly: just value is a tax assessment number, not ARV. Use it only to sanity-check the seller's price expectation; ARV still comes from closed cash comps in a tight radius.

    Stack those two - sale date from the clerk, ownership and value profile from BCPA - and you get a short weekly list instead of a 5,000-record file. On the buyer side, pull deeds on the last 90 days of cash closings in your target zips and call the repeat names; three or four real buyers will give you their buy box in an hour.

    On off-market vs on-market: don't pick. On-market listings sitting 60+ days with price cuts are effectively motivated-seller deals with an agent who returns calls.

    One example of what that workflow surfaces, all public record: 4253 SW 124 Terrace, Miramar, folio 514035141360, clerk sale date Sep 22 2026, BCPA just value $465,190 (again, just value is not ARV). To be clear: I have no contract or equitable interest in it, I'm not marketing it, and I'm not asking for a closing-contingent fee - it's an illustration of what the clerk-plus-appraiser workflow turns up, and work like that is paid for the information itself, not out of a closing. Happy to walk through how I'd verify a file like that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.