Postcards for absentee owners

15 Replies

Where's a good place to buy postcards? I am planning to send them out myself with handwritten address, but I want the other side where I tell the seller about my services to be printed.

What's the postcard that best suits this need? I've heard about click2mail but I want to send the postcards out myself. DO i also need a postcard printer to print my service description?

This post has been removed.

I use vistaprint. I got full color, front and back postcards for about $0.055 each.

Do you have the company print your message for you or do you print it yourself? if you print it yourself do you need a special printer for it? I plan to handwrite the address but print the actual message.

If you ever want to send letters, Jerry Pucket offers a fantastic service (see podcast #21 for his info)

Originally posted by @Chris Kim :
Do you have the company print your message for you or do you print it yourself? if you print it yourself do you need a special printer for it? I plan to handwrite the address but print the actual message.

They will print anything that you want on it. You can fully design it on the site and they will print it. I wanted to do it similar to you and handwrite the address on it but that plan went out the window after writing a few of them. I don't know how many you are planning on doing but my first batch was 900. I printed the labels and it took a about 4-5 hours for me to just attach all the labels and stamps.

I am planning on doing 100 for my first campaign. Got a pretty low budget. Did you get any deals with the 900 letter campaign?

They just got delivered on saturday so they haven't been out that long but I did get one call, maybe 2 cause I had a missed call while I was at work that I have to call back tomorrow. Thats with me only sending out half of the 900. I have the other half ready and gonna drop them around the first of the month.

You can try checking out www.nextdayflyers.com.  Quick and fast turn around.

Originally posted by @Chris K. :
They just got delivered on saturday so they haven't been out that long but I did get one call, maybe 2 cause I had a missed call while I was at work that I have to call back tomorrow. Thats with me only sending out half of the 900. I have the other half ready and gonna drop them around the first of the month.

how much did you spend on mailing total so far? $450?

I use click2mail.com and have made way more in returns than any batch of sending postcards ever cost me.

Originally posted by @Chris Kim :

how much did you spend on mailing total so far? $450?

So far i've spent $552 on everything (Postcards, Listsource list, Address Labels and Stamps). I'll probably spend another $578 in stamps over the next 2 mailings/months. So 3 touches to my list will cost me about $1130. I just got another call a few minutes ago....

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :
Chris I see you disregarded the message I posted up. You can do everything mentioned for about $150 - $200. Go to and simply import your Listsource CSV file. They'll handle your entire mailing for about $0.33/piece. You don't have to do EVERYTHING yourself. Learn to delegate work and you'll have more time to focus on getting more deals.

If you were referring to me, I didn't disreguard the site you suggested, I purchased all of my marketing materials a few weeks ago so I'm going to continue with what I already have until it's out. Thank you for the link I'll definitely check it out for future mailings.

Since i'm just getting started and trying to test out what works and what doesn't I'd rather do more of the stuff myself so I can control how many cards go out, the day they go out and what areas go out.

I got mine printed at VistaPrint. I had them print one side with the color and text. On the other side, I had them print the return address and "Service address requested" and I wrote the addresses. This way I can test to see what works and what doesn't without sending them out all at once.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.