Question about Probates and the courthouse?

5 Replies

If I wanted to go down to the courthouse to pull all of the probate files, where would I start? What part of the courthouse would I go to? Thanks for any replies in advance.

Every court house is set up different.  Walk in the door and ask.

Ask where the most recent filing can be found then just work backwards.

As to the details, how would you approach learning how to fly an airplane?

Originally posted by @Rick Harmon:

Ask where the most recent filing can be found then just work backwards.

As to the details, how would you approach learning how to fly an airplane?

Thankks. I actually went down to the courthouse today and located the probate office.

I spent about six months pulling my own probate records each week. In the end, I just started buying a list produced by a list seller in my area. The list I get now is much more complete and typically more accurate than what I was pulling on my own.

So I would suggest you investigate the time associated with pulling them on your own and the money cost of purchasing one from a reseller (assuming you have that option in your area).

Originally posted by @Nathan Baumgart:

I spent about six months pulling my own probate records each week. In the end, I just started buying a list produced by a list seller in my area. The list I get now is much more complete and typically more accurate than what I was pulling on my own.

So I would suggest you investigate the time associated with pulling them on your own and the money cost of purchasing one from a reseller (assuming you have that option in your area).

I spoke with a probate list seller and they charge $500 for 3 months and will send me a list every week. How did yours work?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.