Bandit Signs

16 Replies

Thanks for posting that @Curt Davis - and once again thanks to BP for timely information!  I have been wanting to order some new signs now for a couple of months and could not find any deals out there.  I just ordered 100 We Buy Mobile Home signs for less than 2.50 ea including shipping-not bad!

Medium cfslogoMarc Faulkner, Creative Funding Service, Inc. | [email protected] | 269‑806‑8802 | http://www.sellmobilehome.net

@curt davis  thanks much for your post. Also @marcfaulkner 

The signs I ordered are one sided.  I have ordered from dirtcheap in the past and liked the quality of the product received.  That was about 4 years ago and I could not remember where they came from.  If they would have followed up with me, they would have been on the radar when it came to order more.  It looks like I would have saved a little money and they would have made a little, had they done this:)    

Medium cfslogoMarc Faulkner, Creative Funding Service, Inc. | [email protected] | 269‑806‑8802 | http://www.sellmobilehome.net

Fred H. I looked around and found supercheap to be the best. Call as ask for coupon and they will offer 10 or 15 percent off.

Just be careful about going too small or using some of the predesigned templates. If there is too much on the sign or letters are too small then it's near impossible to read from any distance.

I went back and designed my own with a very minimalistic approach.

Derek Carroll, NorthMarq Capital | [email protected] | 315‑558‑8332 | http://www.realestatefinanceguy.com

@Marc Faulkner  

I forgot to mention, at Dirtcheapsigns.com if you order one to cut in half like

WE BUY  WE BUY

HOUSES HOUSES

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

in say an 18x24, intending to cut it yourself, they will cut it for you, which is a nice bonus. I am experimenting with this design now (have yet to put some out). 

-Eric

Hi BP Family

I'm looking to purchase a few bandit signs to test this marketing strategy in my market. Thank you all for the information. 

P.S. Has anyone had any success with this marketing strategy? 

@Carl McKenzie yes, I think we have all had success with this form of marketing. It's an oldie but Goldie! Just be careful be cause they call them bandit signs for a reason. The reason being they're illegal in most cities/counties.

Originally posted by @Rene Martinez :

Carl McKenzie yes, I think we have all had success with this form of marketing. It's an oldie but Goldie! Just be careful be cause they call them bandit signs for a reason. The reason being they're illegal in most cities/counties.

Rene - Totally agree!!! - 

bandit signs still work - i'm living proof.

I call every one I see - to get wholesale deals :)

Michael Rae

Originally posted by @MICHAEL YBARRA:

Carl McKenzie yes, I think we have all had success with this form of marketing. It's an oldie but Goldie! Just be careful be cause they call them bandit signs for a reason. The reason being they're illegal in most cities/counties.

Michael Rae

Can you elaborate on the last part? Wouldn't the people on the signs most of the time be the wholesalers? Sorry if it's a dumb question :/

@Casanova Brooks  I think @MICHAEL YBARRA  calls the signs to get deal from the wholesalers by getting put on their buyers list.  I just started doing this myself and I think it's a good way to get some great deals.  we just bought our latest fix-n-flip from a wholesaler.  If they are truly good and honest wholesalers they will leave some profit for the buyer if they want to stay in business for an extended period of time. If they squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer and seller they won't be doing many deals for long, people talk and their reputation will be tarnished. 

Originally posted by @Casanova Brooks :
Originally posted by @MICHAEL YBARRA:

Michael Rae

Can you elaborate on the last part? Wouldn't the people on the signs most of the time be the wholesalers? Sorry if it's a dumb question :/

Yes most of the time they're wholesalers, that's why he calls them to see what they have in their inventory. I call bandit signs and yellow letters for the same reason, not cause I'm interested in selling but to see what they have for sale.

Originally posted by @Josh Nix :

@Casanova Brooks  I think @MICHAEL YBARRA calls the signs to get deal from the wholesalers by getting put on their buyers list.  I just started doing this myself and I think it's a good way to get some great deals.  we just bought our latest fix-n-flip from a wholesaler.  If they are truly good and honest wholesalers they will leave some profit for the buyer if they want to stay in business for an extended period of time. If they squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer and seller they won't be doing many deals for long, people talk and their reputation will be tarnished. 

Josh - you are 110% correct!!!

this business is a numbers game, we have over 200 bandit signs (wholesalers) in our data base (Southern Calif).

Our system will call them 2 times per month

and email them 2 times per month

Bandit signs for us - is another stream of marketing - WE LOVE THEM

Have a bless day!!

Michael Rae

ahh I understand, thanks for the info guys!