Partnering with estate sale company?

10 Replies

Was brainstorming alternatives ways to gets leads on properties to wholesale/flip. Anyone out there in the BP world partner with an estate sale organizer or any other type of business to generate leads?

Funeral home, divorce lawyers, credit repair companies, etc... Just trying to think outside the box a little.

your on to something good bud. That's what sets investors apart from great game changing investors. Thinking like this to get leads. Build a relationship with probate lawyers and investor savvy realtors and estate sale companies.  absolutely that's amazing.  

Ok. I like that you "thinking outside the casket" (box).

You would not be the first person for whom it occurred to solicit probate attorneys or the other businesses.

Before you put yourself out there, I suggest that you understand your craft and how you add value. If you have the skill and are professional, then by all means, go forward.

Since you will no doubt encounter this in future, you need to decide upon a policy and practice if you compensate for professional referrals. 

I suggest you do not. I've been working with probate attorneys, for example, for several decades and I do NOT pay for leads. My family owns a large, well-known chain of mortuaries and I have never exploited this connection. 

Estate sale people? Personally, I think it's a generat idea as I have advocated in my newsletters and Hunting Club calls. Cross-promote their sales. Be the first one there. They usually sell the "stuff" before they sell they property, 

One site is estatesales.net. I have no connection and can't speak for them beyond the rather dated looking but up-to-date ads that they run, similar to craigslist.

Happy hunting. 

That is an excellent idea. One of the most successful wholesalers I have ever known, does just that. He pays a $1k+ referral fee on each house he buys, and gets plenty of business/referrals

Thank you all for the encouraging words. You've definitely got my wheels turning.

I've been going to lots of estate sales for a while now, and almost all have a real estate sign in the front yard. I asked a couple of the others if they were selling the house, and in all three cases they weren't.  Partnering with the estate sale companies, though, may find you the occasional lead...

@Rick H.

Once you've established yourself as real estate professional that can get deals done, how would you approach a probate attorney to ask about referrals?  what is that conversation like? and how do you compensate the attorney?  I am no where near the status to be asking but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Brilliant idea. Referrals are a big part of my business

Originally posted by @Mario T. :

@Rick Harmon

Once you've established yourself as real estate professional that can get deals done, how would you approach a probate attorney to ask about referrals?  what is that conversation like? and how do you compensate the attorney?  I am no where near the status to be asking but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Simple: I wrote several books establishing me as the expert, hired a public relations firm in Century City (Hollywood/Beverly Hills area) and arranged to get booked as a speaker at the Bar Assiciations and legal events. 

Originally posted by @Rick H. :
Originally posted by @Mario T.:

Rick H.

Thanks!

Simple: I wrote several books establishing me as the expert, hired a public relations firm in Century City (Hollywood/Beverly Hills area) and arranged to get booked as a speaker at the Bar Assiciations and legal events. 

Oh that's it?  Should be easy enough, haha.  

Ah, grasshopper, you confuse simple with easy. Not same.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here