How to find sellers

6 Replies

I am new to wholesale.  Can someone tell me where to find information on distressed homes in a certain area.  How do I go about obtaining information from the county office in order to send out yellow cards?  Any information is appreciated.

Are you new to real estate or new to wholesaling? If you are new to real estate, I will tell you to start with something other than wholesaling. It is for experienced professionals with money and contacts. This comes with years of experience, in my humble opinion.

I always recommend starting with a simple 3/2 SFR in a Bread and Butter neighborhood. Learn and grow from there.

At least you are doing something, though. That is commendable. Good luck!

Thanks Joseph,  for your reply.  I am new to real estate.  I was thinking I would need to build some quick cash in order to move on to the next niche which would be flipping.  I am one that I read about all the time.  Just starting out but stuck in how to get moving.  I have established a company with a partner and I have studied and now I am ready to go but my mind is filled with so much information that just can't seem to figure what I do first.  I can use a mentor.  Will you be willing to mentor me and get me started?  I think if I had someone who can push me along, I will work hard to gain the hands on experience I need. Thanks for your time.  

Can someone tell me where to find information on distressed homes in a certain area. How do I go about obtaining information from the county office in order to send out yellow cards? Any information is appreciated.

your answers are here, you just have to type in the search box about distressed homes 

go to your county website by typing your county area and do the research....

http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/3225/blog_posts/26426-mentor

Levon,  thanks so much for your reply.  I am in the process of reading all that information.