Finding motivated sellers

8 Replies

Hi I'm new to the wholesaling Business in Chicagoland, Illinois  and I need help with building a list  of motivated sellers, and motivated buyers Please help

Forget everything the GURU told you and get ready to actually work. If you are still willing to do that, go to your REIA meetings you will find buyers. For sellers you will have to work a niche that you like. From probate to divorce and bankruptcies they are out there. You will have to work hard and spend money to get your first deal, unlike the GURU will tell you. Congrats welcome to BP and good luck. If I can help let me know, but you really have to work at this fun game of real estate.

Your title is more accurate - rather than building a list so to speak, you need to FIND motivated sellers, or really - get them to find you.

You do that with MARKETING / ADVERTISING.  That could be anything from bandit signs to mailing postcards or letters, to posting ads  on Craiglist, etc.

You'll find your buyers by talking to other investors and finding out who actually BUYS houses (guys with CASH - harder to find than you might think). You might find some of these at REIA meetings. There are also ways to find these guys in your county records, or you might use a service like FindCashBuyersNow...

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

@Anthony Kondor   I have read your post, you say you are new to wholesaling, then say you have a great deal how to get it. If you have it under contract just assign the contract for a fee and build cash that way. If you are new are you sure its a deal though? Let me know if you need some guidiance

Originally posted by @Jeremy Tillotson :

@Anthony Kondor  I have read your post, you say you are new to wholesaling, then say you have a great deal how to get it. If you have it under contract just assign the contract for a fee and build cash that way. If you are new are you sure its a deal though? Let me know if you need some guidiance

HI YES I'M NEW BUT I HAVE A FEW HOUSES UNDER CONTRACT FOR 30 DAYS, AS OF TODAY 24 MORE DAYS AND I'M MARKETING TO BUYERS! BUT ALSO THIS BUSINESS IS A BUSINESS OF CONSTANT LEADS , SO I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE MY LIST GROW , PLEASE HELP THANKS

Hi Anthony - consistence leads/deals are key to this game. We are buyers of both fix and flips and buy and hold properties.

Most of our leads come from direct mail - list source has been a huge help for us. It is important to come up with a budget and be consistence.

Our next best source is the MLS - this maybe a little tricky given that you are wholesaling but it can be done.

Lastly - network, network, and network more.  I am not talking about with just real estate investors, but everyone you know!

Hope this helps. 

Originally posted by @Jeremy Tillotson :

Forget everything the GURU told you and get ready to actually work. If you are still willing to do that, go to your REIA meetings you will find buyers. For sellers you will have to work a niche that you like. From probate to divorce and bankruptcies they are out there. You will have to work hard and spend money to get your first deal, unlike the GURU will tell you. Congrats welcome to BP and good luck. If I can help let me know, but you really have to work at this fun game of real estate.

I'm also a newbie. This is great advice. Thanks .